Is there suddenly a rush on the G36 blue gun or what? :dunno:

I placed an order Sunday afternoon to get the dummies on the way, I finally get an email back that both are back ordered. I call another place, also back ordered. I call a third place that "don't normally check stock" but he'll check since I told him I am ordering now if they have it.

Anyway, just had to vent here for a sec. Sheeeesh

Can't wait for the long weekend! :rofl:

If you have a Glock 19 bluegun, you could use it.The differences are very small.Dave

Glock 19 Glock 36

OAL 6.85" 6.77"

Width 1.18" 1.13"

Height 5.00" 4.76"

I know what you mean! I ordered 6 pretty common blue guns from Cops Plus, and 4 of them have been back ordered going on 2 months nowranting2.gif .

-Adam

If you have a Glock 19 bluegun, you could use it.The differences are very small.Dave

Glock 19 Glock 36

OAL 6.85" 6.77"

Width 1.18" 1.13"

Height 5.00" 4.76"

Interesting. I have a 19. I'll take a closer look in a bit and see if it might work.

Thanks Dave

Interesting. I have a 19. I'll take a closer look in a bit and see if it might work.

Thanks Dave

Monica:

IMO, it won't work. Aside from the differences in size spec, you also have a difference in frame shape. Now some amateur holster makers may not consider the differences to be of any consequence. But for those of us who are striving to be considered a professional leathercrafter/holster maker, it makes a difference.

I've got a Glock 36 blue gun you're welcome to borrow. Give me a shout if I can help.

Sounds to me like an excuse to buy a new gun, forget the blue buy real. You will get your money out of it when you go to sell.

Randy

Many companies catalog the Rings Blue Guns but very, very few actually stock them; they simply take the orders and Rings drop-ships for them. You can order direct from Rings Manufacturing, but they maintain only a limited inventory (doing production runs to fill orders). Either way, you are most likely to wait on any Blue Gun orders.

Duncans is showing their aluminum dummy for the Glock 36 as in stock on the last list I received (last week). They are pretty good about shipping promptly but, as noted in other threads, some makers are not happy with their products.

Ongoing problem, availability of dummies. I am giving more consideration to simply buying the real guns. Tax deductible, and they hold their value long-term.

Many companies catalog the Rings Blue Guns but very, very few actually stock them; they simply take the orders and Rings drop-ships for them. You can order direct from Rings Manufacturing, but they maintain only a limited inventory (doing production runs to fill orders). Either way, you are most likely to wait on any Blue Gun orders.

Duncans is showing their aluminum dummy for the Glock 36 as in stock on the last list I received (last week). They are pretty good about shipping promptly but, as noted in other threads, some makers are not happy with their products.

Ongoing problem, availability of dummies. I am giving more consideration to simply buying the real guns. Tax deductible, and they hold their value long-term.

Duncan's was out of the 36 models when they posted their new list on the 28th. If you're desperate, the Glock 36 is listed as a new ASP red gun here: http://www.red-diamond-unif.com/asp_red_gun.htm At one time, these folks stocked some of the dummies instead of drop shipping so you might give them a call about the blue gun as well.

I've got a lead to borrow a G36 Blue gun. I'll use it to complete the current order meanwhile I'll back order one of my own. Gives me a bit of working room.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

I saw ASP had one but I'm still not sure about taking that chance lol

I'll have to start keeping an FFL storefront - buy a gun, buy a holster, get a free transfer :thumbsup:

I'll have to start keeping an FFL storefront - buy a gun, buy a holster, get a free transfer thumbsup.gif

I love the way you are thinking...I will have to run that past my wifebegging.gif ...lol...wish me luck