BearMan

Some More Of My New Brown Mauls

Hi Everybody,

Here are some more of my New Brown Mauls, that have been keeping me busy lately. The first one is a 14oz Rosewood "Elite", he wanted it made very smooth, with no grooves. The next one is a 18oz Cocobolo "Grand", that is a world traveler now. The next one is an experimental test maul, it's a 20oz Rosewood "Elite" with a grip style handle. I have to use it on a few projects, to see how this handle is going to work out. The next pair , is something Very Special. It's a pair of Cocobolo "Grand" style mauls, 20oz & a 14oz, with Tagua Ivory rings, & a Satinwood spacer. They both have engine turning on the cap,,, & are Very handsome! The next pair down is Cocobolo "Grand" style in 20oz & 16oz.

So,,, what do you think?? This new head material works better than anything I've ever used! & I'm hearing from several people now, that feel the same.

Take Care,,, & Thanks for looking,,, Ed the"BearMan"

14oz Rosewood Elite Smooth 2.jpg

18oz Grand Cocobolo Pepin 2.jpg

20oz Rosewood Elite experiment.jpg

Cocobolo Grand Pair Corey.jpg

Cocobolo Grand Pair Corey 4.jpg

Cocobolo Grand pair Richard.jpg

post-7175-127193854956_thumb.jpg

post-7175-127193858261_thumb.jpg

post-7175-127193861374_thumb.jpg

post-7175-127193865388_thumb.jpg

post-7175-127193868767_thumb.jpg

post-7175-127193871594_thumb.jpg

Ed, Here's what I think. Where do I go to buy one of them?

Thanks,

Butch

I knew I shouldn't have looked. I said to myself, "Self, DON'T LOOK." Now, I'm drooling all over the place. You're on my wish list, Ed.

Kate

Kate,

Is it Ed that is on your wish list? Or some of his mauls? You left me confused.rofl.gif

Fred

I knew I shouldn't have looked. I said to myself, "Self, DON'T LOOK." Now, I'm drooling all over the place. You're on my wish list, Ed.

Kate

LOL! I suppose I should clarify... it's the MAULS that are on my wish list. I don't think I can compete with the bears. :P

Kate

Well guys I must say if you can get one of these brown head mauls. I noticed right off the get go that this material was very very nice to pound with. Ive tried a few others, Ive got Ed's older style white maul and now a set of these and must say the brown is definitely where its at.

It is a little hard to describe but this material doesnt want to bounce or ricochet, it is very easy to get nice smooth tooling (well barring my tooling ability lol).

I also must say that the pictures barely do the set with the ivory inlays justice, they are amazing in person.

Beautiful!

Wow Ed they are really nice, I hope to have a couple head down to Australia sometime in the near future mmm lets see Mothers Day is coming up will have to drop hints to the son.

Cheers,

Clair

Hi Butch, Kate, Max, & Clair,

First off, I want to thank Max, for giving me complete freedom, to do pretty much whatever I wanted, on his mauls,,, that's lots of fun,,, from time to time. The Tagua Ivory, is something that turns out really nice,,, but is a real pain to get pieces big enough.

Kate, I'm sure you'd be a lot nicer than some of the bears!! hehehe Clair, I haven't made any for Australia yet,,, don't they have the heads on the other end of the handle down there??? hehehe Well,,,, I tested out my "grip" style handle some yesterday,,, so far,,, it's just "ok" while it does seem to help with the grip some,,, it just feels kind of strange,,,, more testing needed. Thanks again for looking,,, Ed the"BearMan"

Clair, I haven't made any for Australia yet,,, don't they have the heads on the other end of the handle down there??? hehehe

hehe yeah that sounds about right, haven't quite caught up to you big country folks yet. Now if I could just get my left handed mallet to work properly in the mean time hehehe

Hey Ed, do you think you could maybe make some ugly mauls for a change? I'm gonna die of dehydration from DROOLING over those mauls! I really REALLY LOVE the ones with with Tagua Ivory rings and Satinwood spacers! Hope you start building them in a 32oz version soon!

As usual Ed your craftsmanship is outstanding. I cannot wait to recieve my set of mauls.

Hey Ed, do you think you could maybe make some ugly mauls for a change? I'm gonna die of dehydration from DROOLING over those mauls! I really REALLY LOVE the ones with with Tagua Ivory rings and Satinwood spacers! Hope you start building them in a 32oz version soon!

Same here Ed, whenever you decide to make a 32 oz I'll be on the list

So, do you have a trade in program for older mauls? smile.gif (kidding)

I am still enjoying the mauls you made for me, and hopefully can upgrade in the future.

Edited by azrider

Oh wow those are almost too pretty to use!