I made this bag for my wife.

It's not a purse but made to carry her pistol, ammo, hearing protection and eye protection. The bags we looked at in the store were either too small or too big so I made her one.

This has a hard bottom to support the ammo (I cut a clipboard to fit and covered it with foam and leather). That was a pain sewing with that in the purse. I also padded the sides and bottom with foam. Next time I'll make the bottom separate and place it in the bag after I sew it. Live and learn.

This was also the first time that I've used a zipper. I was worried that it would be real tricky to do but no problem!

I also posted pictures on the group photo page.

Art

Gun_Bag_1.jpg

Gun_Bag_2.jpg

Gun_Bag_3.jpg

Gun_Bag_4.jpg

post-195-1235938082_thumb.jpg

post-195-1235938091_thumb.jpg

post-195-1235938100_thumb.jpg

post-195-1235938109_thumb.jpg

Very nice job with that Art... thnks for posting pics.

Nice looking bag...

Hi Art,

Congratulations, that is a really excellent bag! Shame about the cast-plastic zipper though!

I mean, a quality piece of work, like yours, deserves a nice, solid brass one.

Steve

Edited by SteveBrambley

Thanks Steve. It's a black metal zipper though. I like your suggestion and from now on I will be getting brass.

Art

I will NEVER, and I repeat, NEVER show that bag to my wife!

Thanks all! I appreciate the comments and the suggestions.

Art

That's a really cute purse :-)

I'd hate to be the guy who thinks your lady with her high fashion bag is an easy mark. Seriously, it looks as good as some of the purses I look at that cost hundreds to thousands of dollars.

I agree that the black zipper doesn't match the color scheme but otherwise it ROCKS!!!

Keep the zipper oiled up so it doesn't hang when she needs to get in her bag quickly. (hopefully that's NEVER).

Nice job

This bag is just for taking her gun to class and the range. She bought a purse at the gun show with a holster pocket for everyday use. She has to wait until she gets her conceal license. She already put in for it. Should be here in a week or two. LOL I never thought MY wife would own a gun let alone carry one.

Art

I use liquid silcone on zippers to make them slide nicer. they don't hangup anymore.

wow, thats nice

Art

Very nice job on the range bag. I like that it doesn't scream it's intended use. Illinois doesn't allow civilan carry of concealed weapons. I often shoot at a local Bass Pro shop. The stores located in a large shopping mall. The mall and parking lot are over run with gang bangers and other miscreants with numerous carjackings, robberys ect. ect. If it hasn't already happened, I wonder when someone using the range will have their range bag snatched while returing to their vehicle in the parking lot.

Randy

Edited by Randyc

Opps sorry Double Post

Edited by Randyc

WOW Art!!!! That looks just excellent, what a lucky wife you have!! :notworthy:

Love the colour combo!!

Tom

Art, beautiful range bag. I've been considering making a nice one for myself. What weight leather would one go for for putting together a similar bag?

No hijack intended....

Randy, that has happened before, in several places, with varying circumstances. In one article I read about it, the bad guys followed a couple home from the range and gang rushed them at their car. Took the guns, cash, and then forced the couple to open up the house and robbed it too.

My rule for being at the range: Never, Never, NEVER leave with an empty weapon.

On the bright side, another incident involved a two guys grabbing a third on the way to his car and after taking his keys, crammed him in the trunk, then stole the car. Upon reaching their destination, the two bad guys opened the trunk and fell to a hail of gunfire. The guy they carjacked was an off duty officer who'd stopped off at a store on the way from the range. He didn't leave with an empty weapon either.

Shorts, I used 2-4oz chap leather for this purse. It has a nice feel to it so I'd use it again. At first I thought it might be too thick but it was just right. I bought the hides on sale not knowing what I was going to use it for besides a pair of chaps. Well here ya go - this project came about. I love it when something works out well. My wife really likes the color.

My wife loves it (thank goodness or I'd be in trouble, LOL).

I recently read where an elderly couple here in Atlanta had people breaking into their car port so they made a home made alarm with strings and cans.

When a gang tried to steal their car the husband grabbed his pistol and his wife grabbed their AK-47 and they went after the crooks. I love this line in the story; "When police arrived they found shell casings littering the driveway and front yard, and the couple's car riddled with bullet holes." LOL I love it. You have to take care of yourself.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/18808510/detail.html#-

Art

Shorts, I used 2-4oz chap leather for this purse. It has a nice feel to it so I'd use it again. At first I thought it might be too thick but it was just right. I bought the hides on sale not knowing what I was going to use it for besides a pair of chaps. Well here ya go - this project came about. I love it when something works out well. My wife really likes the color.

My wife loves it (thank goodness or I'd be in trouble, LOL).

I recently read where an elderly couple here in Atlanta had people breaking into their car port so they made a home made alarm with strings and cans.

When a gang tried to steal their car the husband grabbed his pistol and his wife grabbed their AK-47 and they went after the crooks. I love this line in the story; "When police arrived they found shell casings littering the driveway and front yard, and the couple's car riddled with bullet holes." LOL I love it. You have to take care of yourself.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/18808510/detail.html#-

Art

:rofl: Gosh I love grandmas and grandpas! Bet those crooks weren't going back any time soon.

Art, great use of material; great bag!

Man won't that mugger be pissed off by that Lady with the bowling bag...That is a great bag ..what size "Ball" will she be packin?

Man won't that mugger be pissed off by that Lady with the bowling bag...That is a great bag ..what size "Ball" will she be packin?

A .38 S&W Airweight 442. plus ammo, hearing and eye protection.

Art

Airweight_442.jpg

post-195-1236134448_thumb.jpg