• 712 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:23 AM

Shelly: Please check your pm's.

#17 KRig

KRig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Tooling, stamping, sewing, painting, dying leather. Just about anything to do with making leather accessories.
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Design
  • Interested in learning about:Everything written in "Interests".
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:Friend recommended it.

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:02 PM

Shelly,

I'm starting a project that requires a specific type of spur strap. What I require is pretty simple: A bib that is at least 8 inches wide. No holes or slits needed. Pretty simple, just the blank.

Also, I'd like to cut and stamp the strap portion myself so all I'd need are strips about a foot long (allowing for some mistakes since I fairly new to tooling) and anywhere from 1, 1 1/8, 1 1/4 inches in width. Also, no holes or slits needed. Best if all 4 pieces come from the same hide.

How much for each set?

Thanks,

Frank Helton
kickinrig@gmail.com

PS: Do you tool by hand or have a large die for each strap? If the latter, I might be interested in getting some pre-stamped.

#18 turbotexas

turbotexas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:41 AM

Are these still available?

#19 Shelly

Shelly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:Raising and showing reining horses<br />Raising/showing Toy Fox Terriers<br />Learning more about my craft<br />Moviegoer<br />Reading
  • Leatherwork Specialty:Saddlemaker & Braider
  • Interested in learning about:Anything in the areas I specialize in
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:Referred to by Denise Nikkels

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:32 PM

Are these still available?

Hi,
Yep, we can still make these up - just let me know which blanks you are interested in, your shipping info, and I will send you a quote for them...

Shelly
Shelly

#20 shedhunter

shedhunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:western
  • Interested in learning about:tack and holsters
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:internet search

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

Just wondering if anyone here would be interested in buying spur strap blanks that I've clicked out of my scrap leather (decent stuff) - I save my scraps for these types of things. Chestnut and Russet Hermann Oak, mostly. I can put up pix of the different sizes, styles, etc, and can sell them in 'kits' as blanks - would include a pair of spur straps, with or without button covers, and the buckle ends, with or without a stainless steel buckle, etc. I am trying to figure out what people would be willing to pay for the blanks, and see how much interest there is in this venture...we've already clicked up a big box of straps and button covers, and buckle ends...

Is it possible to get any blank spur straps (both sides)? I love doing the stamping but not real good at cutting and edging the leather. This is the first pair I've ever made but I'm not happy with the edges. Just let me know. Thanks!

#21 Shelly

Shelly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:Raising and showing reining horses<br />Raising/showing Toy Fox Terriers<br />Learning more about my craft<br />Moviegoer<br />Reading

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

Is it possible to get any blank spur straps (both sides)? I love doing the stamping but not real good at cutting and edging the leather. This is the first pair I've ever made but I'm not happy with the edges. Just let me know. Thanks!

I can sell you the blanks - I don't usually do the edges, as this is something I leave for the crafter to do...I would need to know which style you are interested in...I click these out with dies, so the only patterns I have available are what is posted in the pic on the forum...
ML

Shelly,

I'm starting a project that requires a specific type of spur strap. What I require is pretty simple: A bib that is at least 8 inches wide. No holes or slits needed. Pretty simple, just the blank.

Also, I'd like to cut and stamp the strap portion myself so all I'd need are strips about a foot long (allowing for some mistakes since I fairly new to tooling) and anywhere from 1, 1 1/8, 1 1/4 inches in width. Also, no holes or slits needed. Best if all 4 pieces come from the same hide.

How much for each set?

Thanks,

Frank Helton
kickinrig@gmail.com

PS: Do you tool by hand or have a large die for each strap? If the latter, I might be interested in getting some pre-stamped.

The only straps available are what is shown on the diagram I posted to the forum. I have dies to click these out with. I do not use dies to 'stamp' them, as I do all that by hand...
Shelly

#22 Shelly

Shelly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

ANYONE INTERESTED IN SPUR STRAP BLANKS! PLEASE EMAIL ME PRIVATELY, RATHER THAN THRU THE FORUM, AS I AM NOT GETTING ALL THE INQUIRIES ABOUT THE SPUR STRAP BLANKS.

My email is: shelly@liggettenterprises.com

Thanks!
Shelly

#23 Shelly

Shelly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

Hey Shelly
great idea is is feasable to send these to an intenational destination (Australia)
the price is great but im not sure what the postage would be

Cheers Adam

Postage to Australia is something I would have to calculate after I know what you want...I can put the strap blanks in an international shipping envelope, weigh it, and get a quote for the shipping. Then I will let you know what that cost would be...

Postage to Australia is something I would have to calculate after I know what you want...I can put the strap blanks in an international shipping envelope, weigh it, and get a quote for the shipping. Then I will let you know what that cost would be...

Let me know what you want to order, then I can put that into an international mail envelope, get a qoute for shipping, and let you know...
Shelly

#24 SophiaMia

SophiaMia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

ANYONE INTERESTED IN SPUR STRAP BLANKS! PLEASE EMAIL ME PRIVATELY, RATHER THAN THRU THE FORUM, AS I AM NOT GETTING ALL THE INQUIRIES ABOUT THE SPUR STRAP BLANKS.

My email is: shelly@liggettenterprises.com

Thanks!

Emailed you

#25 bruceb

bruceb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Leather work
  • Leatherwork Specialty:carving
  • Interested in learning about:saddle making
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:Internet

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:33 PM

Shelly:
Are you still selling these??? And if so how much????

#26 camano ridge

camano ridge

Leatherworker.net Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts
  • Interests:Knife making, custom sheaths and holsters, saddle repair.
  • Leatherwork Specialty:sheaths, holsters, saddle repair
  • How did you find leatherworker.net?:google

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

I f she does not answer do a search on this site some one just posted yesterday that hey have added spur blanks you could access them on there facebook page I think it was Pro Rodeo or something like that . they had several styles and sizes seems like they were around $14.00 a pair. I will see if I can find the post agian.

Found it here is the link to the face book store for Pro Rodeo Originals https://www.facebook...pp_251458316228

Edited by camano ridge, 23 February 2014 - 08:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users