Is manila paper good for making patterns.

If its the heavy weight version, yes it is. The thinner lightweight isn't too good for patterns

Yes, that will do. That will suit big patterns. That will give you approx 95 A4 sheets

I use these from Hobbycraft;

https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/white-card-a4-100-pack/6509831000.html

its slightly lighter at 160gsm and for patterns bigger than A4  I sellotape the sheets together. Also at A4 I can print out the likes of Tandy patterns and then sellotape the patterns together

Slightly off topic, but...My ex-dentist called them "vanilla envelopes". Obviously too much college.

ok good.

13 hours ago, hickok55 said:

Is manila paper good for making patterns.

I had to google that name.  I just use ordinary paper to make a pattern to begin with, a 'prototype' perhaps. Once the pattern seems to work and I'm happy with it , thats when I use heavier card to make a ' permanent'  template. 

Quite often my leather comes wrapped  in brown paper, I re-use that for pattern making. I try to re-use & recycle where I can. 

HS 

I use the old brown file folders. Legal size for bigger stuff. Or you can use manila file folders if you prefer khaki. 

I use the card stock paper, letter size for 90% of my holsters. It goes through the printer easily as well.

On 4/27/2022 at 10:31 PM, fredk said:

Yes, that will do. That will suit big patterns. That will give you approx 95 A4 sheets

. . . 

its slightly lighter at 160gsm and for patterns bigger than A4  I sellotape the sheets together. Also at A4 I can print out the likes of Tandy patterns and then sellotape the patterns together

btw I was just reducing that large roll of manilla to equivalent A4 sheets to compare with the pack of 160gsm x100 A4 sheets from Hobbycraft