Frodo

more crap

Forearm cuffs

1654303943_downloadeverything991.JPG.5e544f0ec01a0d74e3e5991ef56de677.JPG464329677_downloadeverything992.JPG.307d7336aeeed47b50370cd089f91d19.JPG1685676998_downloadeverything993.JPG.c51bfab0f2faee385a67da854538d3cd.JPG

1 hour ago, Frodo said:

Forearm cuffs

1654303943_downloadeverything991.JPG.5e544f0ec01a0d74e3e5991ef56de677.JPG464329677_downloadeverything992.JPG.307d7336aeeed47b50370cd089f91d19.JPG1685676998_downloadeverything993.JPG.c51bfab0f2faee385a67da854538d3cd.JPG

:thumbsup: looks fine to me

Us archery folk would call those bracers! :)

Nice work!

Edited by Sheilajeanne

Nice work, especially on the 'Dragon Scales'. Anything like that is not easy to keep aligned.

I think I saw these, or something like them. before as I then went and bought the 'Dragon Scale' stamp

Not much difference between 'Cowboy Cuffs' and Archery Bracers

The only difference I would do is make those straps of a thinner leather and skive both ends of them as well

Welders like them as well. They just need to overlap so the hot stuff doesn't get inside.

2 minutes ago, Hags said:

Welders like them as well. . . . 

mmm, interesting. I never even thought of that. That might be a whole new market. We have several extremely large engineering companies here, The welders usually wear large leather gauntlet type gloves with a gauntlet cuff that goes up to their elbow

3 hours ago, fredk said:

mmm, interesting. I never even thought of that. That might be a whole new market. We have several extremely large engineering companies here, The welders usually wear large leather gauntlet type gloves with a gauntlet cuff that goes up to their elbow

Welders use what is called sleeves or half sleeves

suede splits  $35.00--$65.00 on line

See the source image

Edited by Frodo

Nicely done.  I really like the color you chose as well.

13 hours ago, fredk said:

They have all kinds of leather in a welding shop

you have just the sleeves

the sleeves with a strap connects each across your back

leather full shirt

leather half shirt r half or left half

aprons

chaps 

elbow welding gloves

Magid Weld Pro T4115 Flame Resistant Leather Cape Sleeve

Steiner Leather Welding Chaps 12174

22 minutes ago, Frodo said:

They have all kinds of leather in a welding shop

you have just the sleeves

the sleeves with a strap connects each across your back

leather full shirt

leather half shirt r half or left half

aprons

chaps 

elbow welding gloves

Magid Weld Pro T4115 Flame Resistant Leather Cape Sleeve

Steiner Leather Welding Chaps 12174

i spent a summer or two in a set of those lol. not fun at 90 degrees. i just wear the upper half shirt when  i wear one at all.

Picture this

My boss was about 6'8''  Big ole country boy, his hands were as big as a dinner plate

I was at the jack stand cutting holes with a torch in 4'' angle iron for 1/2'' all thread to go through.Boss walks up and is standing there, He takes a wad of red man and shoves it in his mouth.  I look down and he is standing on the cherry i just cut out. Smoke is boiling up from under his boot.

I said Hey Boss. you might want to spit that chew out on your boot. He looked down and did a one legged diddy dance  

DAD DMANIT ! I JUST BOUGHT THEM DAD DAMN BOOTS

Next time do not bird dawg the welder BOSS

I like that! Most of the time it's just too dang hot for all the jackets and stuff. I was a welder in Texas, we just wore long sleeve wrangler denim shirts with heavy starch. A cuff that went under your elbow for passing would have been great. I put a knee pad under mine if I had to learn on it for a while. 

On 7/5/2022 at 10:50 AM, Frodo said:

Picture this

My boss was about 6'8''  Big ole country boy, his hands were as big as a dinner plate

I was at the jack stand cutting holes with a torch in 4'' angle iron for 1/2'' all thread to go through.Boss walks up and is standing there, He takes a wad of red man and shoves it in his mouth.  I look down and he is standing on the cherry i just cut out. Smoke is boiling up from under his boot.

I said Hey Boss. you might want to spit that chew out on your boot. He looked down and did a one legged diddy dance  

DAD DMANIT ! I JUST BOUGHT THEM DAD DAMN BOOTS

Next time do not bird dawg the welder BOSS

LMAO!!  :rofl: