This is my take on the Hand of God that was used in the movie. I did not use same tools and took advantage of my artistic license. Just wanted to share my 2nd attempt. 

20220714_160702_copy_1209x1612.jpg

20220714_160702_copy_1209x1612.jpg

20220714_160819_copy_1209x1612.jpg

20220714_160742_copy_1209x1612.jpg

Edited by Bawarrior
Add more

Nice!  I keep thinking if I did this it would not look anything like the original design, because I'd be all perfectionist on it and rework the pattern to get the lines "right", and tool it all different, then be upset it doesn't look anything like it did in the movie, lol.

YinTx

From what I've seen it doesn't look too much like the original (for one thing yours is obviously for a longer barrel so the patterning is different). Having said that, and ignoring the Hand of God reference, you've done a bloody good job!! Lots of time-consuming detail work there, and a very nice colour. :specool:

I'm impressed.

Do appreciate both your comments. Yin your very funny, I probably did carvings under 2 hours. Then went back, back and back ect. Dikman I did buy pattern from Weaver, there is 11 patterns different sizes but same design. Now I can make my own pattern, very fun to do. Highly recommend

great looking holster I love that color especially! 

i kind of like the 1911 pattern too. 

Do appreciate both your comments. Yin your very funny, I probably did carvings under 2 hours. Then went back, back and back ect. Dikman I did buy pattern from Weaver, there is 11 patterns different sizes but same design. Now I can make my own pattern, very fun to do. Highly recommend

Chuck the color briar brown, black and light sanding, to highlight

Good job.