Tequila

Rifle Buttstock Cover

Made this for a friend, “La Sombra” is his SASS alias.  Made from 7-8oz HO, I carved his name then backgrounded around it.  The leather was left natural, applied a couple of coats of acrylic sealer, then antiqued around his name, finished it off with a coat of leather balm. The cover is lined with black pigskin suede which wraps around the back and under the lacing. And thanks to @bruce johnson for the tips on wet molding the suede it worked beautifully. 

EDF2FD60-0AEC-428E-8063-3B565D5117FB.thumb.jpeg.b45231dccc3a613028c9e77150f6c475.jpeg

C2D9EB5C-2832-46FB-90E1-E2DCB1B538AC.thumb.jpeg.feeff567b9186d7a1715e785417d18a5.jpeg

very nice!!!! that wasn't a shady deal was it?

@chuck123wapati  no shady deal, he did a huge favor for me, he went 2 hours out of his way to save me 12 hours of driving and I felt I owed him a special thank you.  

1 hour ago, Tequila said:

@chuck123wapati  no shady deal, he did a huge favor for me, he went 2 hours out of his way to save me 12 hours of driving and I felt I owed him a special thank you.  

lol la sombra =the shadow,  just a little joke. 

53 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

lol la sombra =the shadow,  just a little joke. 

I figured :rofl:

7 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

very nice!!!! that wasn't a shady deal was it?

good one Chuck LOL

Nice butt stock cove Tequila

Edited by Bert03241

Beautiful pattern on the background.  You did a great job carving the letters too.  What is the second, parallel stitch line on the back end of the cover?  Is it for the liner attachment?

3 hours ago, PastorBob said:

Beautiful pattern on the background.  You did a great job carving the letters too.  What is the second, parallel stitch line on the back end of the cover?  Is it for the liner attachment?

Yes, the rifle has a crescent shaped butt.  I have a cylinder machine which limits me on how far I can go, I guess if I had a post machine I’d be able to go all the way around. 

On 7/23/2022 at 10:21 PM, Bert03241 said:

good one Chuck LOL

Nice butt stock cove Tequila

Thanks