Brokenolmarine

Holster for the Ruger Wrangler

I made a 22 ammo pouch a month or so ago, and noted I planned to make this holster.  I had hoped to make it sooner.  It was to be a practical application, as well as practice for a much more involved project in the near future when I make a more detailed Rig for my Uberti Birdshead .357.  I made a few mistakes along the way here, but it turned out okay.  I learned from them, and this was the FIRST major project where I was comfortable enough with the Cowboy 3200 to sew the holster.  I went VERY slow, as slow as it will go.. but did okay.  I KNOW what I did wrong there and will correct that in the next build.

The holster was dyed with yellow, then antiqued with dark brown.  Matched the pouch I made several weeks ago, and I think it will be fine.  It was lined with a soft leather to protect the Wrangler .22 from the brass hardware.

Feel free to comment.

The waxed pair:

1587955435_24Thewaxedpair.thumb.jpg.84952883e53b485fd96f0decb766f23e.jpg

Back view:

603617043_25holsterback.thumb.jpg.ed1e6736bf2205ab143342d22b0e8c17.jpg

The Wrangler in the holster.  A Very Tight fit now, but I'm sure the leather will stretch.  That's what we want, right?

1274681188_26WranglerFits.thumb.jpg.671f13fa3c38b93a1b3e32c47b4fbd98.jpg

Here is the pair worn.  Fat Guys might not be able to look cool, but if you are lucky, your gear can. :yeah:

996627976_29frontviewoffatboy.thumb.jpg.25e7de86d502542c634d57275af3aa42.jpg

that is a beautiful finish job on those. i like that strap too.

I'll 3rd that:banana:

I didn't make the belt, had it for some time.

I will be making the gunbelt for the next one.

:)

It all looks fine to me but that hammer strap is very  nicely done !  That's  a man that thinks like me ...... belt and suspenders :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Gezzer said:

It all looks fine to me but that hammer strap is very  nicely done !  That's  a man that thinks like me ...... belt and suspenders :thumbsup:

I don't have a choice really.  The wife says I have NO butt, and  a gut pushes down, it's a losing battle.  I often only wear suspenders, but can't get away with just a belt.  So, I mostly carry in a shoulder holster.

Twenty nine surgeries, I got up to 280. :nono:  I  wasn't happy.  Between the cane, walker, and wheelchair, exercise was limited.  But, I went BACK on MY diet.  Calorie counting... It works for me.  I have dropped 30 pounds, and down from a 50" waist back to a 44" .

I set my limit at 1500 a day.  Not that hard once you get used to it.

Looking good for sure.  Congrats on the successful change in eating habits too.  It can be hard.  Something to consider on the next cross draw build...put a little more cant in the holster so it is at a more natural angle to draw across your body.  You did a great job of matching the dye colors on those two pieces.  Can't wait to see more of your work.

7 hours ago, Brokenolmarine said:

I don't have a choice really.  The wife says I have NO butt, and  a gut pushes down, it's a losing battle.  I often only wear suspenders, but can't get away with just a belt.  So, I mostly carry in a shoulder holster.

Me too , I got in the habit of wearing suspenders with a belt doing carpentry and having on pouches with every tool known to man in them .  I'm a shoulder rig man as well !!