Gezzer

Waterfowl tote

for a buddy , about as simple as it gets .

IMG_1896.JPG

I like it!! I've been thinking about making one of these for my brother with leather for the straps. I like the simplicity of the paracord. 

1 hour ago, ArkieNewbie said:

I like it!! I've been thinking about making one of these for my brother with leather for the straps. I like the simplicity of the paracord. 

Thanks 

Well it is lighter and  anyone who knows a couple of knots can do a repair if needed .  If I were going to do one with leather straps I would make those individual straps that could be easily be changed out and be sure and use stainless D rings and copper rivets . I have seen some that were slit straps and if one ever broke .... well just not much you can do but live with it .

100% agree with you! I also like that you made yours to hold 6 ducks. Almost all of the ones you see online hold 12 ducks. In Arkansas that's a good way to catch the AGFC's attention, something which I never want to do. 

Yeah ,  waterfowl is not where one would want to  " mis count " :o  Last time I duck hunted we were on the point system but that was years back . If you were hunting any where that you could kill more than 6 birds the sliding loops would accommodate  more .

Cool. The only water fowl around here live at the city park lake so no hunting.

2 hours ago, doubleh said:

Cool. The only water fowl around here live at the city park lake so no hunting.

Next time Canada Geese are around you should try tackling one. It's kind of like a dog finally catching a car, you'll regret it real quick 

They don't bother coming here. Almost no lakes and nothing for them to eat.

Edited by doubleh

6 hours ago, ArkieNewbie said:

Next time Canada Geese are around you should try tackling one. It's kind of like a dog finally catching a car, you'll regret it real quick 

I can totally relate to that.  We have a lot of of Canadian Geese that winter here.  Back when I was bicycling to work there was one goose along my route that was particularly nasty,  and it would often chase after me when I rode by.   At some point somebody nabbed him and fitted him with a spiked collar.  You haven't lived until you've been chase down the road by a goose with a spiked collar.

/dwight

I lived in Co. for a little over a year and the town had a Canada  Goose problem , they were every where . I also had a 24 lb Jack Russell that was my body guard ....... I left there unscathed  :lol:

That looks good but have no idea what it is:rolleyes2:

7 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

That looks good but have no idea what it is:rolleyes2:

Bert , it's just a way to get ducks and geese out of the field . Open the loops and put there heads through and cinch it down ,  put the cuff on the back of your neck and let the birds hang in front of your shoulders . Some folks sling it like rifle sling and the birds are now front and rear , either way it's just frees up your hands .

ah ha got ya thanks for info.