Jc911rsa

Cobra machines demo- philadelphia

Does anyone know where I can demo a Cobra machine before I make the leap into buying my first sewing machine? I’m in Philly but can travel east coast 

thanks

Jeff

53 minutes ago, Jc911rsa said:

Does anyone know where I can demo a Cobra machine before I make the leap into buying my first sewing machine? I’m in Philly but can travel east coast 

I would call the Leather Machine Co ( 1 909-930-5259 ) and ask them where and if they have a dealer close to you.

kgg

If you can't find a Cobra to try, there may be a sewing machine store near you with a clone such as Cowboy, TechSew, or Juki.

Tandy Leather is carrying private label versions of Cobras.  
https://tandyleather.com/products/cobra-class-4-dream-machine

It looks like there’s one in Philly.   Store #181 at 11000 Roosevelt Blvd., 19116

I bought direct from Cobra Steve during the big Cody show.  He used to offer a show discount of a few hundred off.  Don’t know if he still does that discount, but every bit helps.  Freight was expensive 12 years ago, it gotta be triple now considering fuel cost.

If you like the machine, I’d suggest calling Steve and ask him if there is anything different in the specs for the private label Tandy version.  If he says there’s no difference, I’d buy local if at all possible. 

There is a Cobra 4 in Ohio in the for-sale section.