Chux

Flashlight holster

Ok, I'm that "weird" guy. I carry a flashlight, oooohhhh!! That being said, I was just slipping it into my back pocket and that was that. Two problems with that idea...

1) I have no butt, and sometimes it was pretty uncomfortable and 

2) it ended up wearing out the material and ate a hole in said back pocket, and would manage to start trying to escape, so I decided to make a way to carry it a tad more securely. 

This is what I ended up with. Pretty basic and not too fancy. Is it pretty? Nope. Is it perfect? Again, nope. But it's working for me. Wet molded over the barrel, and added some shock cord just to keep it from falling out, as I'm sure its going to loosen up a bit over time. Again nothing special but thought I'd share incase anyone was looking for a solution or a simple idea. 

Thanks for looking!

20230405_094542.jpg

That'll keep those pesky holes from showing up in the back pocket for sure.  Nothing like a utilitarian project to get the job done.

12 minutes ago, PastorBob said:

That'll keep those pesky holes from showing up in the back pocket for sure.  Nothing like a utilitarian project to get the job done.

I kinda wish I had thought about it BEFORE I ventilated my backside lol

:thumbsup: 

3 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

:thumbsup: 

Thanks 

4 minutes ago, Chux said:

Thanks 

i carried a flashlight for years i know your pain lol.

1 minute ago, chuck123wapati said:

i carried a flashlight for years i know your pain lol.

It can be a real pain in the @$$ lol

Mine today is on my cell phone . . . not the best flashlight . . . but it got one thing out of my pocket or off my belt . . . for what I need . . . it is the hunky dory thingamabob.

May God bless,

Dwight

1 minute ago, Dwight said:

Mine today is on my cell phone . . . not the best flashlight . . . but it got one thing out of my pocket or off my belt . . . for what I need . . . it is the hunky dory thingamabob.

May God bless,

Dwight

I couldn't even tell you WHERE it is on my phone, lol. There's probably a TON of things my phone could/can do that I'm not even aware of. I never said I was good at technology lol

Flashlight is like your pants  .... don't leave home without it :spoton:

I use the pocket clip BUT yours is a great idea  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I stole a clip off another flashlight, I have a few, lol, and that broke in rather short order. It kept the light IN my pocket until it snapped but didn't help with wearing a hole in my pocket so it evolved into the holster 

12 minutes ago, Gezzer said:

Flashlight is like your pants  .... don't leave home without it :spoton:

I use the pocket clip BUT yours is a great idea  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, Chux said:

I couldn't even tell you WHERE it is on my phone, lol. There's probably a TON of things my phone could/can do that I'm not even aware of. I never said I was good at technology lol

Go to the app store . .  . ask for flashlight . . . when it gets done loading . . . the icon will be on your phone . . . hold your finger on it till the window comes up "move to home screen"  . . . tap that . . . flashlight will be on the opening screen . . . just tap it  . . . lights on.

May God bless,

Dwight

I like to wear a very small red led light powered by a watch battery on a necklass. I'm going to make a belt worn flashlight/multiplyers/tool pouch for a friend. Thanks for the reminder!

10 hours ago, AlamoJoe2002 said:

I like to wear a very small red led light powered by a watch battery on a necklass. I'm going to make a belt worn flashlight/multiplyers/tool pouch for a friend. Thanks for the reminder!

Glad I could help! Make sure to post a picture, I'd love to see what you come up with