toxo

My first wallet

My old wallet has been an embarrassment for ages considering I'm a leatherworker so I finally bit the bullet. Nothing special and loads of mistakes but boy have I learned a lot. Was determined to try to machine it. Don't look too closely at the stitching.

IMG_20230420_101142_edit_1276517367677610.jpg

IMG_20230420_101219_edit_1276554877461459.jpg

IMG_20230420_101855_edit_1276584969735413.jpg

I really like the look of that.  Looks like a nice, supple leather already broke in.  Nice job.

Thats pretty much how I do a lot of my wallets.  All cards or a  variation of a  pocket or two at the back for cash, and plenty of room for cards.  I don't do  the ' everything including the kitchen sink'  type wallets that turn into a small paving brick by the time they're filled up. Simple and very practical. So love the colour too   Nice rich deep colour. Looks like a nice mahogany? 

And you like fishing  in Canterbury too  ;)  Is that fly fishing? 

I like it :specool: Well done.

HS

11 hours ago, Handstitched said:

Thats pretty much how I do a lot of my wallets.  All cards or a  variation of a  pocket or two at the back for cash, and plenty of room for cards.  I don't do  the ' everything including the kitchen sink'  type wallets that turn into a small paving brick by the time they're filled up. Simple and very practical. So love the colour too   Nice rich deep colour. Looks like a nice mahogany? 

And you like fishing  in Canterbury too  ;)  Is that fly fishing? 

I like it :specool: Well done.

HS

Thanks guys.

It's a tad tight due to mistakes but it'll wear in. Started with 1.2 mm V/Tan and got the skiver working well enough to get the first four panels down to 0.6/0.8mm

Combination of Feibings dark brown and Norsol saddle tan (different layers) and of course Resolene.

Canterbury& District AA has a good river and a few lakes including a trout lake but I generally fish the river.

Looks good! Nice simple clean design. Love the dye work. Wallets are so much harder than they look, it's just so difficult to get everything to line up right. You did great on it though!

20 hours ago, Fraulein said:

Looks good! Nice simple clean design. Love the dye work. Wallets are so much harder than they look, it's just so difficult to get everything to line up right. You did great on it though!

Thank you. It means so much when fellow leatherworkers acknowledge your work.

You did a really nice job. Love the dark rich colour. Will age really well with time and use.

21 hours ago, JamesScott said:

You did a really nice job. Love the dark rich colour. Will age really well with time and use.

Thanks James.

I really like the looks of this comfort looking, simplified, and certainly a most beautiful shade or mix of color. Great job ! 

Im experimenting with color such as this for my projects, again Great job !

19 hours ago, Wild Bill46 said:

I really like the looks of this comfort looking, simplified, and certainly a most beautiful shade or mix of color. Great job ! 

Im experimenting with color such as this for my projects, again Great job !

Thanks Bill.