Frodo

I am getting P .. upset

I worked construction for over 40 years. so I tend to be a little gruff and do not put up with idiots or stupidity well. What is

chapping my buttocks at this moment is pricing and cheap clients with a Walmart mentality

See the shoulder rig below?  He wants that for a Glock 19  and the mag pouch to be 6” longer to hold 2 -23 round mags

my price to build and ship is quoted as $225.00

He said it is to much

What would you charge?

F020EDC1-3216-456C-9205-A6618FB25AB6.jpeg

$225 is too cheap. Id be in that $350 range. 

i would charge $225 and sell it to the next guy. Custom leather isn't for cheap thinking folks and you will never change their minds so don't underprice your self on their account or you will go broke.

3 hours ago, Frodo said:

chapping my buttocks at this moment is pricing and cheap clients with a Walmart mentality

The "Walmart" customer may go to another leather worker and get the same quote or perhaps more. They will soon ( hopefully) realise that  custom leather ain't cheap, and go back to you for the job . Its all the mods, adjustments, etc. that take up a lot of your time  Stick to your guns...pardon the pun :yes:  

HS 

Edited by Handstitched

just recently had a client wanting a gun belt with attached holsters and bandelero loops.  He said he found some cheap ones online for $150ish.  He said the good ones were $400ish but had a 12-16 week leadtime.  I told him he was in luck...I only charged $350 and could have it done in 5-6 weeks.  He was pleasantly surprised and gave me his business.  Pleased as punch..

May I say; about 6 years ago a chap contacted me and wanted me to make holsters and gun belts for him to re-sell in his store. I got into discussions about styles, sizes, numbers et cetera. Then came the pricing. He was wanting top quality holsters for less cost than the cheap thin ones (about 2mm or 5oz leather) he was buying out of Mexico. The price he wanted to buy mine from me at would just about cover the price of the leather never mind the cost of time, dye, buckles et cetera. I told him this and told him what I estimated a plain holster would cost.

I just stopped negotiating with him but occasionally when I run into him he still asks if I'll do the holsters for him, with the usual promises ' I can send more work your way . . . '