mikesherman

Aviator style watch band

Just thought I'd share a pic of a watchband I'm working on...I only took the one for now as the flower will be covered up once the watch is attached...now that I'm looking at this picture I see that I have a sloppy stitch...hmmmm....

watchband.thumb.jpg.12b2a44029b25a86a79ab8c982166290.jpg

Its beautiful, but I don't understand why you put the flower there were it won't be seen

Bert...I know, I just wanted a flower on there somewhere, and that was the best place to fit it...I know it's there LOL...

A couple of pics of the finished band...

watchband2.thumb.jpg.9c0f3e7ac975acba8686e167f4675e18.jpg

watchband3.thumb.jpg.e843fa968322b1114e558c0e7745432a.jpg

Nice clean look.  Turned out really nice.

Nice work.  For the less informed of us(maybe just me), what makes that an "aviator style"?

Jim

Thanks all...Jim, I'm just as poorly informed as anyone else. That's the phrase I picked up while poking around looking for tips on watchband making...I think I heard it from Aaron at Makers in his video on making a watch band...

Semper Fi :cheers: to whoever s getting the the watch band.

Came out great awesome :You_Rock_Emoticon:

20 hours ago, jrdunn said:

Nice work.  For the less informed of us(maybe just me), what makes that an "aviator style"?

Jim

I believe it's the construction out of one leather strap that's wider than the watch where it sits on top, with the two tabs for attaching the watch, that makes it aviator style. Has the advantage that the watch won't fall off if one of the spring bars comes loose. Like today's NATO straps...

13 hours ago, Klara said:

I believe it's the construction out of one leather strap that's wider than the watch where it sits on top, with the two tabs for attaching the watch, that makes it aviator style. Has the advantage that the watch won't fall off if one of the spring bars comes loose. Like today's NATO straps...

Thanks Klara.  I had no idea.