doubleh

A couple of thngs from the past

Around 1970 I made a wallet for my dad's birthday. It got little wear and tear as he was farmer and only carried it when going to town and it rode in a shirt pocket. I have never liked tooling thin leather and really disliked lacing one of these so I made very few.

wyovMlxh.jpg

While looking through boxes for another item earlier this week I ran across a newer project. This was from around 20 years ago and my essential tremors had barely begun. It's 8-9 oz. Herman's Oak, lined, and fits a Ruger BlackHawk. I was surprised that the leather was a little soft along the stitch line when I sewed it together and consider it a major flaw in my work. 

aqGuyYSh.jpg

Edited by doubleh

Both are really nice tooling. 

excellent work:thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliments. The holster works exactly like it is supposed to. It's just that every time I look at that stitch line I can't help gritting my teeth. 

Edited by doubleh

Ha Ha Ha yea were not going there :oops:

6 hours ago, doubleh said:

Thanks for the compliments. The holster works exactly like it is supposed to. It's just that every time I look at that stitch line I can't help gritting my teeth. 

Aesthetics aside, If it hasn't failed in 20 years, I'd suggest it's not really a problem.

It's one of those things that you notice it because you made it whereas in reality I doubt if anyone else would see it.

6 hours ago, dikman said:

It's one of those things that you notice it because you made it whereas in reality I doubt if anyone else would see it.

:17:

But looks great to me , nice pattern too   :)

It is straight from Al Stholman's "How To Make Holsters' book".