Bawarrior

SLAPJACK carved baby dragon

4 hours ago, Fraulein said:

Looks great! But I'm confused as to what it actually is...

This is an acting coin purse for all legal purposes. Commonly known as “slapjacks”, these are normally filled with pulverized lead and also house a length of steel banding or strapping material (for stoutness) and are used as a self defense weapon or a tool used to assault others.

Most places “slapjacks” are illegal and can be a jail sentence! But if the design is modified to carry coins, remove the metal banding material, and wear it around a belt as a coin holder - it is 100% legal. Have you ever seen a pair of nunchucks, well this is kinda like using half a set of nunchucks.. when used as a self defense weapon it can stop an assault quickly!

There are videos on the internet to show how they are used, the are also referred to as an equalizer because they level the playing field somewhat. They are nice to have when you can’t have a gun , knife, or club handy. 

I get how it could work as a coin purse (though I wonder whether it wouldn't have been easier to put the zipper between the two layers), I get how it might work for self defence if full of coins, but I do not get how one could 

4 hours ago, Doc Reaper said:

wear it around a belt

at least not this version. Do you have an example of how to wear it?

@Bawarrior Nice design and much better executed than I could do it!

that is a dandy!! good looking work.

Thank guys

4 hours ago, Klara said:

I get how it could work as a coin purse (though I wonder whether it wouldn't have been easier to put the zipper between the two layers), I get how it might work for self defence if full of coins, but I do not get how one could 

It folds in half or three folds, depends on the length. The longer ones work best for defense. It’s all personal preference, and placement of snaps

15 hours ago, Doc Reaper said:

This is an acting coin purse for all legal purposes. Commonly known as “slapjacks”, these are normally filled with pulverized lead and also house a length of steel banding or strapping material (for stoutness) and are used as a self defense weapon or a tool used to assault others.

Most places “slapjacks” are illegal and can be a jail sentence! But if the design is modified to carry coins, remove the metal banding material, and wear it around a belt as a coin holder - it is 100% legal. Have you ever seen a pair of nunchucks, well this is kinda like using half a set of nunchucks.. when used as a self defense weapon it can stop an assault quickly!

There are videos on the internet to show how they are used, the are also referred to as an equalizer because they level the playing field somewhat. They are nice to have when you can’t have a gun , knife, or club handy. 

Thanks for the explanation! Never heard of those, but they might make a handy tool...

On 7/20/2023 at 1:04 AM, Klara said:

Thanks I think I will put zipper on the side next time. I have orders for 6

This is a good design. Don't zippers like to work flat? The zipper where you put this one has no stress on it. I would think the zipper on the side might be a point of failure unless it is much like this one just moved closer to one edge. I also would like to see how it would be worn on a belt.

39 minutes ago, MarshalWill said:

This is a good design. Don't zippers like to work flat? The zipper where you put this one has no stress on it. I would think the zipper on the side might be a point of failure unless it is much like this one just moved closer to one edge. I also would like to see how it would be worn on a belt.

That's a good point. Thanks, will not be changing

On 7/20/2023 at 4:27 AM, chuck123wapati said:

that is a dandy!! good looking work.

Thanks Chuck