I have a really nice single bend of Buffalo about 7-8 oz. I know I want to make lined belts with it so i bought 2-3 oz side veg tan to line it. 
My question is has anyone just lined the whole bend before cutting the strips? My idea is that this would create crisper edges and less waste.  

Ya gotta be sure thats what ya want. And ya gotta make sure its all stuck together very well. 

Its much the same as when I glue liners for bags; I rough cut out the bag pieces, glue them all to the liner leather then cut the bag pieces out neatly and properly

Ok yeah that was the idea I was thinking. A lot of times I see the piece cut out then the liner cut wider and then cut down to the piece but i never feel like I get good edges. Thank you for the insight. 

You could do it that way.  But I would not.

First, you better do something to ensure the lining lays in without bulge or pucker, or you just booger a lot of cowhide.

and,

Presumably, not all the belts are the same size, which means not all the belts would  have the same curve, which means that some in the larger range might be fine but the smaller ones will have "pucker" on the lining side.

So, to me not worth doing it that way.  Since i would polish the edges ANYWAY, no time is saved really.