Has anyone used this die sharpener? I acquired some die’s that came with a press I purchased. They are in need of sharpening. 

IMG_3739.jpeg

This looks similar to the iSTOR sharpener that I posted a question about. It’s hard steel that is drawn across the edge of a blade to shape and sharpen. Seems to work well for profiling the edge. 

looks similar to    https://www.amazon.com/Luna-Tech-LTK9505-Sharpener-Aluminum/dp/B07RJT5B4F/ref=sr_1_10?keywords=carbide+sharpener&qid=1691243844&sr=8-10

you might consider one of these (or other similar tools) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L8VKZO0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

light stroke seems to do a good job, I have used it on sickles and grass shears.

Try carbide sharpener in Amazon or google. Local hardware probably has similar tools.

i tried similar tools, carbide sharpeners, on knives but never cared for them. As Wepster said you can find them for sale in many stores i even have one i bought for sharpening my broadheads its in the junk drawer.

My experience with the V shaped ones showed me the knife/edge needs to be same degree or or a tad less (more? never sure). Otherwise the side of the blade is being scraped by the carbide, up higher from the edge. Always though a light touch. The bar type, like the sharpal I have had good luck with, lightly drawn trailing edge at an angle slighly towards the cutting edge. That being said, we all have different approaches to sharpening and favorite devices. I seem to collect sharpening devices, getting better at using them in my old age.

Whilst we're on the subject I did find this which might help not making em dull in the first place.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111749803736

I have had that one or a version from another die maker and a few others. I also have the one from the local ACE hardware store I have attached pictures of. I like this one better. With this handle I can "feel" it better and keep it vertical easier than the round handle versions. The handle also helps me navigate tight turns on some figure punches.  Realistically with dies, you just need a somewhat sharp straight edge without a roll here or there.  This will straighten an edge and sharpen it. You probably don't want a really fine thin edge or you will fight rolled edges and this angle works well for me. I just bought my wife about 20 figure dies and I'll be dragging this down the edge of all of them tomorrow to start with. Might use a narrow wirewheel or cratex on the Foredom or Dremel to clean up some stuck on crap on the inside, run the outside around a soft buff to make them "pretty". 

DSCN3476.JPG

DSCN3475.JPG

I have several types of blade sharpeners. On dies I mostly use a small slip stone and for small places that can't reach I use a telescopic fish hook sharpener

I only use steel rule 2 and  3 point. My model C will not bend these dies,  not enough tonnage. I dress the outside edge with a belt sander and finish with a carbide.