I made a business card holder for my sister's coworker. The coworker is leaving to continue her career with another company.

I used 5oz vegtan with olive oil for the cover. 2oz vegtan for the lining (no die), pockets and strap (Fiebings Russel brown). Ritza Tiger thread 0.6mm mid brown.

20230814_152629.thumb.jpg.a53c5cf80061bde294291c48bbefcefd.jpg

20230814_152650.jpg.e391818b125c5612f58fc6e83a76843e.jpg

20230814_152808.thumb.jpg.e417e5094db965be82846c5747ceab88.jpg

10 hours ago, Burkhardt said:

Looks nice, is the paw stamp from OKA?

Nope, I tooled it.

Nice job im sure it will be enjoyed. If you dont mind just a touch of constructive criticism if you pre bend the outside and glue the liner piece to it on a bend youll get rid of atleast most of that creasing on the inside at fold. And id run the stitching all the way around it adds to the finished look and makes sure that little area in the middle at top and bottom doesnt pucker or delaminate. Still a great piece love the paw print and the 2 tone 

12 hours ago, HandyDave said:

Nice job im sure it will be enjoyed. If you dont mind just a touch of constructive criticism if you pre bend the outside and glue the liner piece to it on a bend youll get rid of atleast most of that creasing on the inside at fold. And id run the stitching all the way around it adds to the finished look and makes sure that little area in the middle at top and bottom doesnt pucker or delaminate. Still a great piece love the paw print and the 2 tone 

Great advice, I really appreciate the feedback.

The stitching looks nice and even and I like the colors you chose.  I do agree with the statement about terminating the stitching too soon.  Yes, go ahead and extend it next time and compare the results.  

The overall thickness is more than I would typically aim for.  But that's a personal preference, not anything right or wrong.  It seems like that card holder would be best carried in a purse or briefcase, and in that situation, thickness really doesn't matter.  But if I wanted to pocket that, then I'd want it to be thinner.  

Good stuff.

3 hours ago, Tugadude said:

The stitching looks nice and even and I like the colors you chose.  I do agree with the statement about terminating the stitching too soon.  Yes, go ahead and extend it next time and compare the results.  

The overall thickness is more than I would typically aim for.  But that's a personal preference, not anything right or wrong.  It seems like that card holder would be best carried in a purse or briefcase, and in that situation, thickness really doesn't matter.  But if I wanted to pocket that, then I'd want it to be thinner.  

Good stuff.

I worried about the thickness when I was designing it then I remembered it was going into a purse or handbag so I wasn't to worried about it.

My sister gave it to her coworker at her goodbye party and she loved it. I left a couple business cards inside and a few of the ladies wanted my information to commission purses.

Hopefully those will pan out

I hope they do also.  Many here rely on word of mouth and repeat business so I’d expect the same.