FSForge

Brothers commercial sewer

I got a brothers commercial sewer and I cannot get the bobbin thread to pick up. I think it 69 thread. It was what was in the machine when I got it. I attached a photo of the bobbin and carriage let me know if I have it loaded correctly the bobbin was loaded with the thread coming off counter clockwise. I tried to load a video but it was too big of everything working will try to get a shorter one tomorrow. I want to use this for some canvas work and light leather. Thanks in advance for the help 

IMG_1235.jpeg

My Consew bobbin holder is similar.  Thread should be loaded CW. Thread should come out from under the tension spring on the end.

IMG_0110.jpeg

Edited by 64poncho

64Poncho I got the bobbin corrected thank you. It still does not pick up the thread. Here is a short video hope someone can see something.

Your hook doesn’t catch the top thread loop to wrap around the bobbin - it can’t bring up the bobbin thread like that.

There’s a dozen possible reasons if not more as to why it’s not doing that.  

Post some pictures of your whole machine including the type plate so we can tell what model it is. Also post some close-ups of your top thread path and needle area.

Check your needle/hook timing first. The hook needs to catch the loop, otherwise you’ll never sew anything. 

After timing the hook, bring the bobbin thread to the top before you attempt to sew anything. 

Edited by Uwe

21 hours ago, FSForge said:

I tried to load a video but it was too big of everything working will try to get a shorter one tomorrow

Post on Youtube and link to it.  Definitely not enough space for videos here unfortunately.

39 minutes ago, Northmount said:

Post on Youtube and link to it.  Definitely not enough space for videos here unfortunately.

Just FYI, I've posted videos here before and the trick is not to make them too long AND to compress them first.  I use a program on my iPhone called "Video Compress - Shrink Vids" by Brachmann Online Marketing GmbH.  Available on the Apple App Store.

Here are some photos on the machine, the model, the hook with the needle all the way up and with the needle all the way down, and one with the bobbin in. May have to do this in several post.

Again I can’t take a pic small enough with my iPhone I guess. I put some on a Facebook page I have for my products. It should be the first post in the page I also have a video of the needle and hook operating. Thanks for the help.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100089744084632&mibextid=LQQJ4d

2 hours ago, FSForge said:

Here are some photos on the machine, the model, the hook with the needle all the way up and with the needle all the way down, and one with the bobbin in. May have to do this in several post.

Again I can’t take a pic small enough with my iPhone I guess. I put some on a Facebook page I have for my products. It should be the first post in the page I also have a video of the needle and hook operating. Thanks for the help.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100089744084632&mibextid=LQQJ4d

Just use the "Image Size" app (on the Apple App Store) by Vitalij Schaefer (I've been using it for years) to downsize your image(s) to a size that can be uploaded here.  Works perfectly.  The free version (ad supported) works just fine but I like it so much and use it so regularly that I sprung for the ad-free version.  He's also got "Batch Resize" which I also use when needing to resize multiple images.  I generally set it to a maximum pixel size of 1024 and have never had a problem here.

Found this on Supsew.com site. Shows timing for a DB2-B792. Don’t know how similar it is to your machine.

IMG_0365.png

FSForge, 

Any progress with the machine not picking the bobbin thread?

On 8/22/2023 at 11:50 AM, FSForge said:

I can’t take a pic small enough with my iPhone I guess.

I posted some instructions for reducing the file size of an image taken on an iPhone, here.