Ornyal

Some projects I've completed so far

Some wonderful projects there.  I would be extremely surprised if you didn't sell pretty much all of them at some sort of craft fair! Well done!

Some wonderful projects there.  I would be extremely surprised if you didn't sell pretty much all of them at some sort of craft fair! Well done!

Hi! Hope everyone is doing well! Here are the recent project I've completed:

* A few keyrings for my parents & a couple of friends moving out

* A commissioned belt that for someone who wanted me to recreate an old belt they liked. The belt was from a well-known brand but despite being a bit costly (around $450) it was made out of bonded leather and machine sewn. I ended up recreating the exact same built but with higher quality leather, and I just kept the belt. Leather is semi-aniline finish (I had aniline as well but they wanted a very smooth leather), glued with water-based glue (aquagum), and saddle stitched with linen thread (Meisi, M40). I ended up trying edge paint for the first time (please don't hate), and picked Uniters over Edge Kote, because it holds a lot better from what I've read. I applied 5 coats, with sanding in between. There are a few things I'd do differently if I had to do it again, but overall, the belt turned out OK imo.

* Another small coing/bills pouch for a friend

IMG-20231006-150247-328.jpg

IMG-20231006-150245-244.jpg

IMG-4524b.jpg

IMG-20231006-150602-114.jpg

photo1696691085 (1).jpeg

photo1696690707.jpeg

photo1696597866.jpeg

Nice! What does the narrow strip of leather at the inside of the belt do?

The blue marbling on the pouches is beautiful as well - how did you apply the dye?

2 minutes ago, Klara said:

Nice! What does the narrow strip of leather at the inside of the belt do?

The blue marbling on the pouches is beautiful as well - how did you apply the dye?

Hi and thank you for your reply, I just realized the picture is indeed not very clear. The strip is here to keep the belt loop from being lost, here is a better picture.

Regarding the marbling I've bought the hide already dyed, so I'm afraid I can't help. I'd assume it's done with big brushed, but I can't tell for certain. Maybe someone here will know!

photo1696835061.jpeg

22 hours ago, Ornyal said:

The strip is here to keep the belt loop from being lost, here is a better picture.

That's brilliant! For I have lost nearly all my belt loops. Is the narrow strip fastened to the belt in any way? 

I believe I need another belt...

The strip is in T shape at both ends, I skived so it does not create a bulge and it's glued in-between the 2 "main strips" of the belt, so there's no way it goes off unless it's ripped off (again, not a native speaker, formulation may be approximate but let me know if I'm not clear :or if you need further details).

Edit : je vois que tu es en France donc ça sera aussi simple de mettre un passage en français haha. En gros la bande qui retient les passants est en forme de T aux deux extrémités, j'ai bien paré ces extrémités pour ne pas avoir trop de surépaisseur, et je les ai pliées pour les passer dans les incisions faite sur la bande côté intérieur, puis collées sur cette même bande avant de refermer le tout et de coudre. Je ne vois pas comment ça pourrait bouger à moins d'être vraiment arraché.

Edited by Ornyal

Ornyal, your English is fine. Don't worry about getting your point across. No one could do any better.

Mon Français, en revanche, est très nul. Je dois utiliser un traducteur de l'Anglais vers le Français. LOL.

16 minutes ago, MarshalWill said:

Mon Français, en revanche, est très nul. Je dois utiliser un traducteur de l'Anglais vers le Français. LOL.

Haha, I don't know which translator you picked, but it works just fine ! If one were to be picky the french equivalent for "LOL" is "MDR" ("mort de rire" which translates literally into "dying from laughter"), but as far as I know, french people use LOL even more than MDR ^^

You have the eye of an artist and the hand of a craftsman... beautiful work...!!!

6 hours ago, Ornyal said:

Haha, I don't know which translator you picked, but it works just fine ! If one were to be picky the french equivalent for "LOL" is "MDR" ("mort de rire" which translates literally into "dying from laughter"), but as far as I know, french people use LOL even more than MDR ^^

Thanks for the MDR. Good to know the translator works, too. 

Your English seems better than my French,  because I am actually German. But I got the idea in both languages and I'll have to try it. 

Another one for my little seiko. Pueblo burgundy outside, natural veg-tan (Koala from puccini) inside & linen thread from Meisi (gold, M30).

Fairly easy build, but I went crazy stitching it. I stitched as usual (I had been worked on my stitches this week and I found a method that gets me decent inclined stitched on both side, so I thought I'd stuck with it). But I couldn't get them clean this time. It's fine since the inside is not visible, but still it got me frustrated.

photo1697439742 (2).jpeg

photo1697439742 (1).jpeg

photo1697439742.jpeg

Edited by Ornyal

Love your camera case

Thanks, much appreciated

This is great work.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Beautiful work! I love the camera case, purses and that light blue watch strap. The colors are beautiful. 

Another couple straps I recently got commissioned. I've taken pics along the process and I'll try to make a humble tutorial on how I make them.

photo1698328153 (3).jpeg

photo1698328153 (2).jpeg

photo1698328153 (1).jpeg

photo1698328153.jpeg

@Stitcher64 Thanks, just took a look and your holster are pretty neat too!

Here is a pic with a third one before punching them, plus a basic cardholder I made to keep my hands busy last weekend.

photo1698838348 (3).jpeg

photo1698838348 (2).jpeg

photo1698838348 (1).jpeg

photo1698838348.jpeg

Latest crafts, sorry low quality images, full HD files are to heavy ^^

Spec below:

1. Brown strap, for a Movado serie 800 : 

• 105mm - 65mm (small wrist), 21/20 
  • Buttero biscuit on top, Koala Nude on the inner side
  • Linen thread M30 from Meisi.
  • Fully padded

2. Blue strap, for an Hermes Arceau

• 115mm - 70mm, 20/17
  • Leather is Pueblo Petrolio on the outside, Koala Nude on the inner side.
  • Linen thread M30 from Meisi.
  • Thinly padded (1mm).

photo1700558192.jpeg

photo1700558002 (4).jpeg

photo1700558002 (3).jpeg

photo1700558002 (2).jpeg

photo1700558002 (1).jpeg

photo1700558002.jpeg

Edited by Ornyal

Here are another couple of recent projects

photo1708957425 (10).jpeg

photo1708957425 (2).jpeg

photo1708957447 (2).jpeg

photo1708957447 (1).jpeg

Edited by Ornyal

That's some mighty fine work, Ornyal. Looking very good.

Edited by MarshalWill

Thank you for your kind comment @MarshalWill

And here is my latest work:

0- Inside1.5_redim2.JPG

1- Ext4_redim.JPG

2- closed1_redim-min.JPG

3- closeup1_redim-min.JPG