Gump

No Fiebings dye @ Tandy in Canada

Tandy website shows all Fiebings dye as sold out. Local Tandy manager said no more coming in as of Jan. '24. There is currently stock at my local Tandy, but word is out, so buy what you need.

From what i've gathered, they purposely keep all chemical dyes out of stock because they now have to ship them differently. Hopefully no shortage coming though!  

A few cheaper places that i've found that you can order right online without calling is Zelikovitz and Martin equine and pet products. Every time I call in Tandy to order in Halifax they don't have the colors i need and theyre weeks away.

Also, from your last post on my thread, Cains tack shop in Dieppe(near moncton) has fiebings dyes. 

I ran across something the other day about Canada severely restricting VOCs coming beginning of next year.  I don't know if that applies to dyes, but maybe they're getting ahead of the laws and getting rid of stock?

- Bill

1 hour ago, billybopp said:

I ran across something the other day about Canada severely restricting VOCs coming beginning of next year. 

Yep, we are getting as bad as California and becoming a nanny state. The funny thing is if you want a gallon, 5 gallon pale or a 40 gallon drum, no problem but those little 4, 8 or 16 oz bottles are the devils juice reincarnated. Here is a link to the article on Zelikovitz Leathers site ( www.zelistore.com/en-ca/blogs/news ).

kgg

So maybe hope for Lonsdale Leather as they import and bottle their own dye. Not Fiebings, but alcohol based quality dye.

On 9/14/2023 at 2:11 PM, kgg said:

Yep, we are getting as bad as California and becoming a nanny state. The funny thing is if you want a gallon, 5 gallon pale or a 40 gallon drum, no problem but those little 4, 8 or 16 oz bottles are the devils juice reincarnated. Here is a link to the article on Zelikovitz Leathers site ( www.zelistore.com/en-ca/blogs/news ).

kgg

Good to know, especially that we can still buy the dye, just have to bite the bullet and buy bigger quantities.

ok, I see Canada also has the smarts California does. A business purchases let's say 2 or 3 of the 5 gallon buckets. A few cases of 32 ounce glass bottles (or maybe smaller) and it is still legal to supply customers. Plus the glass bottles are reusable! Fight back against corruption and communism - do not be afraid to dirty up your politicians and use a deep hole to hide em!!!

Next you will be moving into your moms basement.