ETW Grumpy

Looking for pre-tooled belt blanks

My niece wants a new belt with her name on the back for her birthday but I have carpal tunnel in my swivel knife hand so I haven't been doing any tooling lately. I'm looking for pre-tooled blank so I can get her something she will be happy wearing. Any ideas?

That sounds great! A personalized belt for your neice! Do you mean pre-tooled with her name? What kind of design are you looking for? 

I believe Tandy Leather does sell some pre-tooled belt designs. But they're usually the larger rectangles. You could get a stamp kit and stamp in the pattern you want! What have you seen so far that caught your eye? 

Sorry, I wasn't clear on that was I? What I'm looking for is a western floral design tooled belt with the open space on the back to stamp the name on. The kind you see at every county fair and biker rally.

ask and someone on the site may make you one. i would offer but i am 10 days away from Elk season.

3 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

ask and someone on the site may make you one. i would offer but i am 10 days away from Elk season.

Good luck on chasing elk

Thanks for the links wepster. I didn't find the 3rd one in your list when I searched for the item. "Namebelt" wasn't a search term I had thought of so thanks for that.

On 10/3/2023 at 12:08 PM, purplefox66 said:

Good luck on chasing elk

:thumbsup:

On 10/3/2023 at 2:25 PM, ETW Grumpy said:

My niece wants a new belt with her name on the back for her birthday but I have carpal tunnel in my swivel knife hand so I haven't been doing any tooling lately. I'm looking for pre-tooled blank so I can get her something she will be happy wearing. Any ideas?

Invest in a press. I believe you can get a low-cost arbor press from 'Harbor Freight' (name?) A worth while investment.  I bought the big Tandy one and it has been of great  value in stamping things. Then you can buy the Tandy type 3D stamps and make pretty pictures and stamp in names et cetra with just a pull of a handle

On 10/3/2023 at 8:28 AM, chuck123wapati said:

i am 10 days away from Elk season.

Envious :specool:

Recovering from shoulder surgery, I won't be able to lift a long gun for a few months.    I did take a grouse with my .22LR revolver a couple weeks ago tho.