YinTx

Looking for Pull The Dot snap fasteners

I am looking for Pull the Dot Snap Fasteners.  Line 24 size.  I have found that Sailrite has them, but they want $16 to ship a bag of snaps that cost less than that.  Anyone else have any sources that don't charge $2.50 per snap?  Thanks in advance.

58 minutes ago, YinTx said:

I am looking for Pull the Dot Snap Fasteners.  Line 24 size.  I have found that Sailrite has them, but they want $16 to ship a bag of snaps that cost less than that.  Anyone else have any sources that don't charge $2.50 per snap?  Thanks in advance.

I sent ya email fyi

Ross

@YinTx - I know you're in Texas and this supplier is in Canada, but I've been buying from them for many years now and their service, prices and quality are great.  You might try JT's Outdoor Fabrics.  And don't forget your US Dollar goes a lot further when converted to Canadian!  The Pull the Dot dome is $0.78 (Canadian!!!) and the stud with post is $0.30.  Making it $1.08 Canadian, or $0.79 US... a LOT cheaper than the $2.50 you mention in your post.

price and shipping were not bad at Weaver/Ohio travel bag. Amazon is pricey.

My actual supplier info would be of no use to you except to say; look to suppliers of sail boats and equipment. I got my l-a-d from a sail boat equipment supplier. Another type of business to ask is a supplier of parts to antique / vintage / classic cars

Rather than promoting one particular seller, here are some Google search results for "Pull The Dot snap fasteners." Some eBay sellers have them in as little as 10 sets. Just make sure you read the specs to get the right post length for the project at hand. Some have very short posts for canvas. You'll want longer posts for use on holsters and sheathes.

Sorry do not recall where I saw it, but at least one seller sold the parts seperately, so you could get a quantity of caps, and a variety of post lengths.