Bert03241

Install Hand wheel singer 99

I've google it every which way but loose and can't find instructions on how to put the larger hand wheel on the singer 99.:dunno: does anyone have instructions on how to do this. thanks

7 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

I've google it every which way but loose and can't find instructions on how to put the larger hand wheel on the singer 99.:dunno: does anyone have instructions on how to do this. thanks

I am assuming you mean the original sized hand-wheel that came on the machine. This video should help with the removal and insulation:

kgg

17 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

Moved your post to leather sewing machines.

14 hours ago, kgg said:

I am assuming you mean the original sized hand-wheel that came on the machine. This video should help with the removal and insulation:

kgg

Well no, actually looking to replace the  original hand wheel with the larger spoked hand wheel. Maybe the process is the same, but I'm worried about the bobbin rewind assembly , don't know it that is the same set up with the larger hand wheel. Don't want to take it all apart and find out its not the same.  

I changed mine. I found that I have to change the bobbin winder set up as well. I've not bothered to do that yet

is the change over to the lrg wheel easy and can it work ok with out the bobbin winder change, just buy pre wound bobbins

Edited by Bert03241

Get a small screw (10/32) 1" long with a nut & wind bobbins with a drill.

5 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

is the change over to the lrg wheel easy and can it work ok with out the bobbin winder change, just buy pre wound bobbins

yes and yes. The bobbin winder wheel has no place to run on

Use another machine to fill the bobbins 

20 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

Well no, actually looking to replace the  original hand wheel with the larger spoked hand wheel.....

FWIW:  Use a 9-spoke balance wheel for your conversion.  In my experience, most (if not all) 6-spoke balance wheels don’t work on the 99 because the hub is longer.

CD in Oklahoma

OK I have the 9 spoke wheel so I can do the change over and it will work OK? with out the bobbin .?  So if I follow that video I'll be OK ????

You can change over the wheel and for convenience leave off the bobbin winder assembly in its entirety