chuck123wapati

g3c holster

Built a holster for my new toy. 

9/10 oz w&c  very old btw at least 20 years old it is the last piece i had big enough to do anything with and that why it stained so dark it already had a nice patina going lol.

Bison brown

I mm tiger thread.

Feibings golden mink oil for the liquor.

g3c1.jpg

g3c2.jpg

Looks great! Your a lefty huh? My wife is a lefty to. The Taurus plant that makes those is a few miles up the road from me.

2 minutes ago, bladegrinder said:

Looks great! Your a lefty huh? My wife is a lefty to. The Taurus plant that makes those is a few miles up the road from me.

thanks !! I'm weird the only thing i do left handed is shoot, I'm left eye dominant but I guess that doesn't matter for most other things.

I'm liking this little gun . The magazine button can be switched to lefty which is nice and so far not a hiccup it seems to be a Glock clone for the most part.

Good lookin' holster Chuck.

Nice jobChuck! I'm a lefty but right eye dominant. 

1 minute ago, Hags said:

Me too.  Left handed, but right eye dom.  I shoot pistol left, but I shoot rifle and shotgun right.

3 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

thanks !! I'm weird the only thing i do left handed is shoot, I'm left eye dominant but I guess that doesn't matter for most other things.

I'm liking this little gun . The magazine button can be switched to lefty which is nice and so far not a hiccup it seems to be a Glock clone for the most part.

Yeah, that is essentially a clone of the Glock 43. Make sure to check the front sight screw and put a little thread locker on it. A friend didn't do so and had it spin around. He couldn't figure out what the problem was, until I looked at it and fixed it. 

Nice job Chuck !!!!

That color/patina is AWESOME :thumbsup:

Beautiful piece of leather Chuck nice work :thumbsup:

Looks good!

Looks great! What a beautiful piece of leather. Awesome work. 

12 hours ago, Mablung said:

Yeah, that is essentially a clone of the Glock 43. Make sure to check the front sight screw and put a little thread locker on it. A friend didn't do so and had it spin around. He couldn't figure out what the problem was, until I looked at it and fixed it. 

thanks i will keep an eye on that. my son picked up a 43x (sweet gun) last week also so I'll be making a holster for that next. 

5 hours ago, DieselTech said:

Looks great! What a beautiful piece of leather. Awesome work. 

9 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

Beautiful piece of leather Chuck nice work :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, Gezzer said:

Nice job Chuck !!!!

That color/patina is AWESOME :thumbsup:

I haven't got a piece this nice in years. 

the flesh side is some of the best i have seen as well, the knap is like felt so soft and smooth but tight , it has an awesome suede feel to it. I've been saving this piece for years. I left the back untouched I don't want ruin it lol. 

g3c14.jpg

Nice job,  nice looking leather also 

10 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Nice job,  nice looking leather also 

Thanks Frodo it works well with my shoulder rig also.  Stained shirt not sweat lol I quit sweating when I retired.

g3c15.jpg

7 hours ago, Hildebrand said:

Looks good!

14 hours ago, Littlef said:

Me too.  Left handed, but right eye dom.  I shoot pistol left, but I shoot rifle and shotgun right.

14 hours ago, Hags said:

Thanks guys.

9 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

Thanks Frodo it works well with my shoulder rig also.  Stained shirt not sweat lol I quit sweating when I retired.

g3c15.jpg

Few weeks ago I had a long talk with a 30 year detective of the homocide division he was looking for a shoulder rig 

Thus is what he wanted

one strap over my shoulder that connects to the holster.  No side straps or straps to the belt

i looked at him like he was crazy, but decide to..”hide and watch”

my question was simple, what keeps the holster in place when you draw?  And what keeps the strap from falling off

he grinned

holster goes under your shirt on top of your t shirt,  with a ( suit) jacket over that

ok says I,  what about the draw?

again he grinned

draw with your right hand while you squeeze the holster with your left arm

wha?    
damned if it ain’t so,  it works

one horse shoe shaped strap. With 2 Chicago screws to the holster is comfortable,  no Pinching side straps image.thumb.jpg.709b0bb022e67119c1ff51da570a9eec.jpg

excuse the messy bench,  I was not expecting company.  Lol

18 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Few weeks ago I had a long talk with a 30 year detective of the homocide division he was looking for a shoulder rig 

Thus is what he wanted

one strap over my shoulder that connects to the holster.  No side straps or straps to the belt

i looked at him like he was crazy, but decide to..”hide and watch”

my question was simple, what keeps the holster in place when you draw?  And what keeps the strap from falling off

he grinned

holster goes under your shirt on top of your t shirt,  with a ( suit) jacket over that

ok says I,  what about the draw?

again he grinned

draw with your right hand while you squeeze the holster with your left arm

wha?    
damned if it ain’t so,  it works

one horse shoe shaped strap. With 2 Chicago screws to the holster is comfortable,  no Pinching side straps image.thumb.jpg.709b0bb022e67119c1ff51da570a9eec.jpg

excuse the messy bench,  I was not expecting company.  Lol

interesting indeed, i may have to try that for in town trips and such. This setup works for my Anaconda and 1911 as well as any of my holsters made in this pattern. I use it mostly for the boonies so it needs some extra strap to keep it from floppin if I don't have a coat on.

I hear you, I do not wear a suit and it does not get cold enough for a jacket full time

so I am usually wearing a t shirt only

this type of rig would not be for me either

That's some beautiful work.

/dwight

Beautiful holster!

18 hours ago, DwightT said:

That's some beautiful work.

/dwight

thank you.

On 12/4/2023 at 7:03 PM, VStew said:

Beautiful holster!

thank you.

Nice job on the holster, I also like the simplicity of the shoulder strap. 

Good choice on the G3, I worked at a local gun shop for 5 years and we sold a lot of that model with very few warranty issues. My personal carry gun is a Sig p365 xl.

39 minutes ago, Southerngunner said:

Nice job on the holster, I also like the simplicity of the shoulder strap. 

Good choice on the G3, I worked at a local gun shop for 5 years and we sold a lot of that model with very few warranty issues. My personal carry gun is a Sig p365 xl.

thanks I  love that shoulder harness its comfortable. I can wear it all day with my Anaconda or my 1911 so this little thing wont even be noticeable lol.

I checked out all of the compacts before buying this one and I couldn't see anything that would make me want to spend a hundred or two more on one.  Even hickock 45 likes them lol.