toxo

disposable gloves?

Have just come to the end of my latex gloves. Still have some blue nitrile ones but I don't like em. Been awhile since I bought any so thought I'd ask you knowledgable gang what's out there these days. Thanks guys.

The price of the latex has not come back down to the same extent as nitrile for me. I use latex at work (veterinarian) for a finer touch. I do NOT use latex at home and wouldn't if they were free. The nitrile stands up to chemicals much better and much more puncture and abrasion resistant. Longer shelf life too. I've had some dyes penetrate latex. Mostly I am working with metal and wood finishes, glues, and solvents now. Depending on what I use either the 5 mil or 9 mil. 9 mil for the nasty stuff. Gloves are pretty stocked up again here and prices are almost back to preCovid on nitrile on specials at Harbor Freight, latex is still about $8 a box higher than before from our medical suppliers.  Not sure how the restocking and supplying is going in the UK. I get mine at Harbor Freight again.  I use the weekly coupons or Inside Track discounts and if I don't need anything else, I can always apply it to another box of gloves.  

Go to a general car accessory shop* and see what they have. They usually have high quality at a cheaper price for mechs to use

*not Halfords

What they said.  I just picked up a box of 100 7-mil gloves at my local auto supply shop (O'Reilly Auto Parts in my case) for about $30.  Harbor Freight has them for a couple bucks less, but the auto shop is closer to home.

/dwight

AS Bruce said nitrile works the best.

I get my gloves from Costco.  Much heavier than he ones I bring home from the hospital.