Gregamee

leathercraft CAD

I just downloaded Leathercraft CAD.  Looks pretty good on my first look. Has anyone tried this? Anyone has some thoughts to share?

I'm downloading it and going to see how far it is above my abilities.  How much success have you had with it?  Can you create laser ready files with it?

Just an update.  My antivirus did not like it.  I assume that it was just from an unverified host but wasn't willing to take the risk.  (Been there, did that and got the T-shirt.)

Yes,

It is an excellent software. watch tutorials and watch for software updates. There is only one developer so sending him feedback will make the software better. I had a version that would not work on my laptop and he quickly responded in email and gave me a previous version while the new one was fixed. Also, I have been able to accomplish large bag sixe patterns with this and it prints correctly.

Wow!  I'm so glad you made this thread. I had no idea this existed and have been searching for something exactly like it.

The developer is really responsive to issues/feature requests. I hit an issue with SVG imports and he's already given me a workaround and will be incorporating SVG feature manipulation into a future release. I've used it to generate a laser ready file for LightBurn. Just a simple credit card holder, nothing too complex so far, but it worked just fine. Was great to be able to layout the stitching holes in Leathercraft Cad then burn them in LightBurn

I downloaded it but it looks like a big learning curve. I already know corel so Im gonna stick with that . It does all i want