toxo

Cheap pattern - weekender bag

I can't believe no-one has come back about this practical pattern for 1.99.

It is a nice pattern. Dieselpunk.ro has a different pattern for $1.99 each week. Have you seen them as well? 

23 minutes ago, SUP said:

It is a nice pattern. Dieselpunk.ro has a different pattern for $1.99 each week. Have you seen them as well? 

I don't always like em. Sometimes I think he's just putting out stuff that's not moving. But I thought this one was a  good practical pattern that could have many uses.

Yes, that's  probably true. 

I've bought a couple of his patterns in the past. But at this point since the pattern is copyrighted I can't use his patterns for sales unless I change them. So I just make my own.

His patterns are great for learning different techniques. 

And they're easily changed. When I made his big weekender I toyed with the idea of making one end a zipped rip stop bag within a bag for dirty shoes to save putting them in the main bag. Didn't do it though.

On 3/31/2024 at 5:31 AM, BlackDragon said:

I've bought a couple of his patterns in the past. But at this point since the pattern is copyrighted I can't use his patterns for sales unless I change them. So I just make my own.

you can't sell his patterns but you can sell the stuff you make from his patterns

6 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

you can't sell his patterns but you can sell the stuff you make from his patterns

From his website

"Copyright info:

You can sell a maximum of 10 items made with this pattern each year."

I could sell limited runs of his patterns but I can do that with my own designs.

Edited by BlackDragon

18 minutes ago, BlackDragon said:

From his website

"Copyright info:

You can sell a maximum of 10 items made with this pattern each year."

I could sell limited runs of his patterns but I can do that with my own designs.

Hmm. I don’t know a ton about copyright law, but I know a little bit. I’m wondering if he could actually enforce that “10 items per year” limitation. Selling the pattern as one’s own, without any change to it or with only minimal changes that aren’t enough to make it a derivative work, yeah, that’s a violation of the copyright. It seems a closer call with regard to the items one makes using the patterns, however.