Thadrick

New holsters

Problem is, Im running out of pistols so I had an idea to make holsters for my cell phone and MP3 player.

I only have the two finished and friends and friends of family are trying to put in orders for theirs. If anyone wants to make sellers I bet youd be busy with these. Im not interested (already have a job).

KIMG20240501_161433882.JPG

KIMG20240501_161446162.JPG

KIMG20240501_161456712.JPG

KIMG20240502_123504468.JPG

KIMG20240502_123535583.JPG

Good lookin stuff . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

those are gorgeous your stamping is excellent.

Thanks

I actually prefer to carry my phone in my pocket and never wanted a holster for it but, I recently read a report about how bad that is for the gonads sooooo...  Dont want cancer there.

that's a clever idea. Looks good.

Wow, those look great!

Was just thinking,  the black holster has a skirting on the back like a real holster. Would I benefit from more protection if I cut a piece of aluminum plate to sandwich between the layers? On the other hand, maybe it would amplify the RF frequency? 

Thanks for the compliments 

2 hours ago, Thadrick said:

Thanks

I actually prefer to carry my phone in my pocket and never wanted a holster for it but, I recently read a report about how bad that is for the gonads sooooo...  Dont want cancer there.

Lovely work! I carry my phone in my back pocket and pull it out if I sit down. Don’t know if that’ll make any difference for you, now that you have a fantastic belt holster for it. 

Those are gorgeous.  The tooling is excellent and I love the design of the holster itself.  Any chance that you would have some patterns available?

/dwight

7 hours ago, Thadrick said:

Was just thinking,  the black holster has a skirting on the back like a real holster. Would I benefit from more protection if I cut a piece of aluminum plate to sandwich between the layers?

I'm not sure how well it would work for cell signals, but Rocky Mountain Leather Supply has some RFID Blocking fabric that might be worth looking at for this: https://www.rmleathersupply.com/products/rfid-blocking-thin-fabric-0-1-mm-self-adhesive-back?_pos=1&_psq=RFID&_ss=e&_v=1.0

/dwight

Looking good!

4 hours ago, DwightT said:

Those are gorgeous.  The tooling is excellent and I love the design of the holster itself.  Any chance that you would have some patterns available?

/dwight

So far I'm finishing up my third holster, all three are different sizes because phones are diffent in width and thickness so I've had to just make a different pattern for each one. Each tongue would need to be adjusted to different size also. 

I can take a picture of my pattern so you can get an idea how I made it?

4 hours ago, DwightT said:

I'm not sure how well it would work for cell signals, but Rocky Mountain Leather Supply has some RFID Blocking fabric that might be worth looking at for this: https://www.rmleathersupply.com/products/rfid-blocking-thin-fabric-0-1-mm-self-adhesive-back?_pos=1&_psq=RFID&_ss=e&_v=1.0

/dwight

That's perfect, thanks. Out of stock though :(

11 hours ago, Mablung said:

Lovely work! I carry my phone in my back pocket and pull it out if I sit down. Don’t know if that’ll make any difference for you, now that you have a fantastic belt holster for it. 

Even the back pocket is too close to the testies maybe an ankle holster?

19 minutes ago, Thadrick said:

Even the back pocket is too close to the testies maybe an ankle holster?

Huh, didn’t know that. In terms of plain old distance, the hip holster wouldn’t be much farther away physically. I wonder why it being out of the pocket makes a difference. 

Just now, Mablung said:

Huh, didn’t know that. In terms of plain old distance, the hip holster wouldn’t be much farther away physically. I wonder why it being out of the pocket makes a difference. 

From the report I watched, the leather ads a degree of supression. Same with store purchased holsters, the material helps greatly. Your right though, even the hip is prolly too close, the testies are mostly fluid and they get hit hard by RF ions, whaterver they call it.  Thats why im thinking about metal sheeting or mesh sandwitched between the layers between me and my phone. 

Im sure in ten years we'll find out that something else weve done all our life is going to kill us but hey, who wants to live forever?  My fathers cancer started in his testies and it spred through his body FAST!! 

35 minutes ago, Thadrick said:

From the report I watched, the leather ads a degree of supression. Same with store purchased holsters, the material helps greatly. Your right though, even the hip is prolly too close, the testies are mostly fluid and they get hit hard by RF ions, whaterver they call it.  Thats why im thinking about metal sheeting or mesh sandwitched between the layers between me and my phone. 

Im sure in ten years we'll find out that something else weve done all our life is going to kill us but hey, who wants to live forever?  My fathers cancer started in his testies and it spred through his body FAST!! 

I remember hearing about the dangers of cellphone radiation a number of years ago, but then the subject seemed to disappear. Interestingly enough, I was just thinking about it again the other day. Probably a year ago or so, there was some murmuring over the move to 5G networks and their corresponding greater power that would seem to bring along more intense RF radiation, but I haven’t heard anything else about it. Seems there’s a research project in there. I suspect lots of things may be slowly killing us, in ways we don’t understand. This is probably one of them. So maybe I need to go make myself a cell phone holster to inhibit my ever-constant cellular companion’s effects. (The assistant manager of my local Tandy carries his phone in a case attached to the front of his belt, but I suspect that’s more about keeping stuff out of his pockets than anything else.)

Edited by Mablung

I've always carried my phone in my left pocket and since I haven't been,  my leg feels weird like a "cool feeling". I think their is something to it?

11 hours ago, Thadrick said:

I can take a picture of my pattern so you can get an idea how I made it?

Perfect.  I can run with that and make one specific to my phone.  Thanks.

11 hours ago, Thadrick said:

That's perfect, thanks. Out of stock though

Wow.  That went fast.  They just announced the availability of the mesh less than a week ago.  If it went that quickly I'm sure they will be bringing in some more, so you might want to keep checking back.

/dwight

10 minutes ago, DwightT said:

Perfect.  I can run with that and make one specific to my phone.  Thanks.

Wow.  That went fast.  They just announced the availability of the mesh less than a week ago.  If it went that quickly I'm sure they will be bringing in some more, so you might want to keep checking back.

/dwight

Leads me to believe that maybe other people have the same concerns as me?

Ordered, thanks

On 5/4/2024 at 3:50 PM, DwightT said:

/dwight

I assume that the maker/owner of such a holster must not be interested in receiving calls on their cell phone.  Material that blocks RFID will block other electromagnetic radiation (signals) making the cell phone useless wearing it this way!  Concerned about radiation from your phone, leave it on your desk/dresser/table at home!

8 minutes ago, Northmount said:

I assume that the maker/owner of such a holster must not be interested in receiving calls on their cell phone. 

I would imagine that a holster that incorporated RFID fabric would only have the fabric on one side between the phone and the body.  The phone would still be able to receive signals from the uncovered side.

However I doubt how effective that would be.  The radio waves from the cell phone would still spread out around the holster, so the protection would probably be minimal.

/dwight

16 hours ago, Northmount said:

I assume that the maker/owner of such a holster must not be interested in receiving calls on their cell phone.  Material that blocks RFID will block other electromagnetic radiation (signals) making the cell phone useless wearing it this way!  Concerned about radiation from your phone, leave it on your desk/dresser/table at home!

Only one side, between me and the phone. If it blocks phone signals form being recieved, who cares, as long as my phone is close to me if "I" have an emergency and need help.

Im a 28 year veteran in the electrical field and even owned my own electrical company for 20 years before going to work for the Govt . I have no doubt Ive been over exposed throughout my life, Ive even had 4800v RF blow a hole through my arm just below the elbow and spent two days in the hospital ensuring my kidneys wouldnt get plugged up from the damaged/burnt tissue circulating through my body. If ya'll dont care about what frequency voltage does to you, "thats your deal" but, Im going to try to reduce the effects now that Im older and not as bullet proof as I used to be.  Heck, even little cuts a bruises take longer to heal now.  Its not like putting a piece of fabrick between layers of leather is exactly a difficult project and if it makes me feel happy, great? "Thats my deal." 

16 hours ago, Northmount said:

Concerned about radiation from your phone, leave it on your desk/dresser/table at home!

My phone is for "my use" in the event I get a runnaway boiler. BOOOM!!!!  If it wasnt for that, I wouldnt even have a phone.

21 hours ago, Northmount said:

Where is that "like" button?