TobZ

Claes 200-2 hook CNC /3d mettal print

Hi 

Recently I have received from dad CLAES 200-2 in good condition, but it is missing bobbin, hook and hook drive, as a tinker I've decided to recreate them from scratch in CAD software, then CNC or 3d metal print it. 
There are some pictures of it on google, but it's hard to determine dimensions. Could any good soul on this forum, who has this machine, make some pictures of it and measure it for me? After testing it I will post here all files free to all :)

IMG_20240504_130550748 kopia.jpg

Fast draft of model:
image.png.7dccfe9f9969a546a004e0a74628ae96.png

Edited by TobZ

10 hours ago, TobZ said:

I've decided to recreate them from scratch in CAD software, then CNC or 3d metal print it

I would suggest printing a prototype in plastic first just to work out the kinks of the design first. Depending on the accuracy of your 3D printer and the filament you select there maybe some minor changes that would have accounted for when you transfer over to the CNC or the metal 3D printer.

Which metal 3D printer are you using??????

kgg

28 minutes ago, kgg said:

I would suggest printing a prototype in plastic first just to work out the kinks of the design first. Depending on the accuracy of your 3D printer and the filament you select there maybe some minor changes that would have accounted for when you transfer over to the CNC or the metal 3D printer.

Which metal 3D printer are you using??????

kgg

I've got FDM and resin printer and yes i will first make prototype. But at the end of process I'm going to send files to company for printing in metal :) but to do so, I need more dimension and photos to recreate them, there isn't a lot of images on web :/

Edited by TobZ

I thing this is max i can do without better references ;/
image.png.5964c643ab0b5bbcdd714a40359ca64e.png

1 hour ago, TobZ said:

I thing this is max i can do without better references

A couple of suggestions with your design i) round the corners on vertical lines and 90 degree turns. You only need to fillet the corners by 0.25mm. By doing that it will improve the speed thus reduce the printing time as the head doesn't have to slow down since it would be considered a curve rather then a hard 90 degree. ii) with any overhangs use PETG  filament as supports for PLA filament or vise versa as most 3D printers do not like doing them and the accuracy will be less then. As a note PLA and PETG will not stick together so the overhang support can be easily popped out. My experience so far is the Prusa's and other least expensive machines will not properly do the overhang's in your design however the Bambu Lab X1-Carbon with AMS would be able handle it with ease. 

kgg

Capture 1.JPG

Capture 2.JPG

Thx, this is a rough design for the moment. I will add chamfers later on. For basing dimension i will use fdm but down the road i will need to switch to resin. I don't believe that FDM will handle the hook part well.

@TobZ

We have a separate sub-forum for discussing 3D printers and lasers, as well as their programming and software. Check it out and you might find more technical responses than in the leather sewing machines forum. If so, as me or another moderator to move the topic to that forum and we will do that for you. All of the replies will remain intact and there will be a link to it for interested persons to follow.

But i don't need 3d printing help, I'm looking for someone with claes 200-2 who can give me some image for reference :)

40 minutes ago, TobZ said:

But i don't need 3d printing help, I'm looking for someone with claes 200-2 who can give me some image for reference :)

I understand. No problem. Stay here!

Good news.  The 200-2 RPX uses same hook, bobbin as the 8346/20 machine of today.    I think the shuttle carrier and drive gear are the same as well. .  Why make when you can buy new ones.  Contact Claes in Germany.   I think you can buy form them direct  being you are in Poland.

glenn

Thx for info i will contact them! ;)

I bought from then directly too but that was some years ago. Nice people. I visited their factory back then and they even showed me around. Most impressive was the Zick Zack patcher they sell.

But expect that made in Germany parts and especially hooks are quite expensive - guess how I know. ;) The spare parts folks said (back then) that certain parts (like hooks) may work for the old machines but may need some slight altering. But better check with them, things sometimes change...

On 5/16/2024 at 9:45 AM, Constabulary said:

I bought from then directly too but that was some years ago. Nice people. I visited their factory back then and they even showed me around. Most impressive was the Zick Zack patcher they sell.

But expect that made in Germany parts and especially hooks are quite expensive - guess how I know. ;) The spare parts folks said (back then) that certain parts (like hooks) may work for the old machines but may need some slight altering. But better check with them, things sometimes change...

That is the problem, I could find some on web but cost of it was huge (+- 150euro.. for one part).. That is the reason I've decided to machine it (cost of metal 3d printing is around 50euro for shuttle) 

Claes parts will not be cheap, but good.    That looks like a Singer 34 post machine under the Claes stand?  Nice

glenn

On 5/20/2024 at 10:33 PM, shoepatcher said:

Claes parts will not be cheap, but good.    That looks like a Singer 34 post machine under the Claes stand?  Nice

glenn

Good eye :D