Just finished the latest tote bag.  The construction design is my own.  I wanted something I didn't have to sew; someone without extensive leather skills could build and therefore repair; something unique; and something that gave me a large blank canvas to tool and experiment with.

I've sold a handful of them, but they didn't get as much traction as I would have hoped.

If there's interest, I've been debating whether it would be worth the time to digitize the pattern and provide it to the leathercraft community.

Thank you.

-Ben Little

Ridgeback Customs

Red Tote 1.jpg

Red Tote 2.jpg

I like the size, shape, design, the finger cutouts for 'Grab Bag' . and you should digi. pattern it.
That bag can be no-sew primitive Grab bag, or easy go different directions for the maker. It could be sewn, plus use the lacing and rivet points as added accent, or even with lining, pockets, removable shoulder strap...etc.

Thats very nice good job:rockon:

That is a very cool design and highly modifiable, maybe rethink your handle area a bit it doesn't look very comfortable to hold with a full load. or add a strap. 

I made a set of large saddle bags using that method. Gotta be careful with the weight going in it

9 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

Thats very nice good job

Thank you!

3 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

maybe rethink your handle area a bit it doesn't look very comfortable to hold with a full load. or add a strap.

The brass knuckle design is more form than function lol.  A little uncomfortable and probably not reasonable for someone petite.  I have another version that is a more traditional handle and I include a removable shoulder strap with both designs.

46 minutes ago, Doc Reaper said:

Gotta be careful with the weight going in it

Biggest problem I've heard back on (from family) is that the bag tends to pop open when overfilled because the handle closure is magnetic.  Not a deal breaker, but been thinking of upping the magnetic force on the standard handle and seeing if that helps.

I really like the tooling... A little antique would really make it pop!

On 7/13/2024 at 5:36 PM, Cattleman said:

I really like the tooling... A little antique would really make it pop!

Thank you