kgg

Table Top Questions for Cylinder Arm Machines

Well if it's any comfort, the shipping rate to Australia is cheaper than me sending something to Canada. I don't know what the rates are for the table yet but it weighs 2 lbs. or .907 kilos. @Wizcrafts would need more detail on the Adler 30-7 patcher. Like pictures of what the current plate is off the machine. One other thing on using aluminum, all the ones I ship will have an epoxy clear coat. Will probably offer some in Cerakote but that will cost more. The Cerakote is awesome, better than anodize in my opinion. Redid all my rifles in Cerakote, doesn't scratch as easily. Table works with the stock plate and feed dog also.

Stock round plate and feed dog.jpg

6 hours ago, Patrick1 said:

Well if it's any comfort, the shipping rate to Australia is cheaper than me sending something to Canada. I don't know what the rates are for the table yet but it weighs 2 lbs. or .907 kilos. @Wizcrafts would need more detail on the Adler 30-7 patcher. Like pictures of what the current plate is off the machine. One other thing on using aluminum, all the ones I ship will have an epoxy clear coat. Will probably offer some in Cerakote but that will cost more. The Cerakote is awesome, better than anodize in my opinion. Redid all my rifles in Cerakote, doesn't scratch as easily. Table works with the stock plate and feed dog also.

Stock round plate and feed dog.jpg

I will 2nd the Cerakote. Tuff sh@@!! wears like steel if applied right. I use it on firearms. 

Dang even more intrigued on purchasing a table top. 

That's bizarre, Patrick, as Canada is your next-door neighbour!! 

Brian, thanks, it never occurred to me to check where I bought the machine from. Looks like it should do the job and at $98 shipped it's not worth stuffing around.:specool:

12 hours ago, dikman said:

That's bizarre, Patrick, as Canada is your next-door neighbour!! 

Nah, once stuff hits that magic line the shipping goes to hell, duty, taxes, brokerage fees and whatever else they can think of. A lot of us that live close to border have a US address and drive across to pick items up that way we only usually have to pay at most the taxes.

Example: If I was to buy a new Consew 206RB-5.

Option 1: Buy from a US vendor at retail for about $1500 US and ship to my US address the cost would be $1500 plus say $250 USD or about $2400 CAD then add $312 in Taxes to drive it across the border for a total of about $2700 CAD.

Option 2: Have the Ontario Consew distributor bring one in and the price goes to $3600 CAD (tax in) plus either drive 4 hours each way or pay another $300 for shipping for a total of $3900 CAD.

Hum which option???

kgg

This is the table top I ordered with my LS 341. It's 48cm long and 39cm wide and 25.3cm from the front to the start of the cutout. The perspex is 8mm and the metal bit is 3mm. The two thumbscrews do a good job of holding it in place and there's a hole at the right hand side of the machine which is handy to drop in any old screw to help keep it in place although I have to say, before I put the screw in the T/T only moved a maximum of around 2mm. I like it very much. It's quite robust enough and although I've leant on a couple of times I wouldn't like to stand on it.:lol:

LS341 table top (1).jpg

LS341 table top (5).jpg

LS341 table top (4).jpg

LS341 table top (3).jpg

LS341 table top (2).jpg

My brief summary so far:

1) So far there are number of very nice table tops commercially available.

2) The main drawback from what I see for my needs is i) their inability to handle any of the attachments that are readily available and less expensive for the flatbed machines and ii) most require the use of a drop down edge guide, which I don't like using. 

3) Most like the larger size table tops.

kgg

Here's a larger table. 14.75 X 8.00 X .375 thick with about 8.875 from the edge of the table to the needle. Still solid as a rock. Looking at offering both tables in Storm Trooper white Cerakote. $125.00, coated. Doesn't break the bank for most folks. 

14.75 X 8.00 X .375 THICK EXTENDED TABLE.jpg

14.75 X 8.00 X .375 THICK EXTENDED TABLE SCALE.jpg

2 minutes ago, Patrick1 said:

Here's a larger table. 14.75 X 8.00 X .375 thick with about 8.875 from the edge of the table to the needle. Still solid as a rock. Looking at offering both tables in Storm Trooper white Cerakote. $125.00, coated. Doesn't break the bank for most folks. 

14.75 X 8.00 X .375 THICK EXTENDED TABLE.jpg

14.75 X 8.00 X .375 THICK EXTENDED TABLE SCALE.jpg

Nice! Save me a white one! Lmao I have spent too much money lately & strapped for cash. So it will be a few months before I recoup. 

Thanks. Nice work/fabrication!