Dbz456

Juki 1541s noise and wheel hard to turn

8 hours ago, Dbz456 said:

i oiled it up and when i use the knee lift it makes sound that doesn’t sound right 

Definitely not right.

Couple of suggestions:

i) Remove the belt from the motor and remove the knee lift. Then hand-wheel it. If the noise is eliminated the drive belt was installed to tightly and or the knee lift installed incorrectly.

ii) Re-oil the machine putting oil directly into the bearings and any place the metal touches. When oiling like a bearing move the hand-wheel so that you turn the part you are oiling a quarter turn and re-oil until you make a complete revolution.

iii) Check for signs of rubbing of metal parts.

iv) I would use synthetic transmission oil around the bearings as it will get into the bearing and provide better lubrication then sewing machine oil.

v) Was this machine store for a long time or dropped??

kgg

Edited by kgg

https://imgur.com/a/w4JxnpH
Uploaded with audio

i removed some parts to be able to identify the problem 

I don’t know if it was dropped and was def sitting for a while

I oiled it up disconnected belt and it still gets kinda “stuck”

When the hand lift is up the wheel moves smoother 

but when lift is down it makes continues to make sound

11 hours ago, Dbz456 said:

https://imgur.com/a/w4JxnpH
Uploaded with audio

i removed some parts to be able to identify the problem 

I don’t know if it was dropped and was def sitting for a while

I oiled it up disconnected belt and it still gets kinda “stuck”

When the hand lift is up the wheel moves smoother 

but when lift is down it makes continues to make sound

You saying it .."might have been dropped". but you probably would notice some paint damage or some dings ? . The Inner-Foot and the outer-Foot, Have clearance ?  Not rubbing together binding when the inner foot cycles back-forth/Up-Down moving inside the outer Foot  ? nothing visually tweaked to see ?
Also saying it was sitting for long time ? but if no surface rust it probably just pretty dry on the lube.
I have picked-up machines that sat for more than a couple years not running, and non of them was dry enough to sound like that. But.. wow the sound it making on the Vid. is definitely pretty rude. Like BAD Dry or something Binding .
--
I opened the front cover of my 1541s and looked to see/understand what you describing .

So, you saying that the chatter/binding is both ? .  When lifting Inner and outer feet, with using Knee-Lift . And Rolling by hand w/ no belt connect .
When you hold your fingers on both the Foot Bars just above both inner/outer Feet . Lift the Knee-Lift Up/Down and Roll the machine by hand . ( do you feel  ?) . Is that hard chatter transferring down and, 'feeling it'  vibrating hard on your fingers ?
When Rolling by hand . Looks like in the Vid. ? , that the Hard chatter/binding is mainly happening after the needle plunging bottom, and moving in the up-stroke, with also the Outer-Foot lifting.

Edited by nylonRigging