AaronStand

Adler 205-370 Long Arm??

Hey everyone, new member here but I've been redirected to this website many many times through Google searches. I know there is unfathomable knowledge and experience here which is why I'm excited to have finally joined. I'm looking to pick up leather working as a hobby in the near future after I finish school(between work and school I have no time at the moment). In the meantime I've been researching and getting myself familiar with the most reputable brands out there as far as machines and tooling go. I picked up what I think is a pretty unique machine. I have had a very hard time, and by that I mean I have not been able to, find another one like it. I just reached out today to a local sewing retailer/servicer and it was today that I learned this machine may be a custom modified unit from a standard 205-370. It's obviously an Adler 205 but I can't seem to find any information or pictures of any other 205's that are long arm units. Missouri Sewing Co is the company I reached out to today and they believe it is a stretched unit. Just wanted to throw this on here and see what feedback I get. I know there are some seasoned veterans on here that know their stuff and hoping y'all chime in. Here are a few pics of the unit in question.

Screenshot_20241012_190708_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20241012_190655_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20241012_190700_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20241012_190714_Gallery.jpg

Edited by AaronStand

21 minutes ago, AaronStand said:

Here are a few pics of the unit in question.

Please re-post the pictures as jpegs.  webp is not a common format yet, and most members here will not open these; many don't have software that will accommodate these files.

What does that thing have for a throat depth? Like 36". Jeeze would have to hire another guy to run the controls they are soo far over. 

Wonder if that machine was made for tents & awing coverings. 

I know the picture quality is toned down so it's difficult to see but there is one photo with a yard stick up to it and it's about 29". I assume it would have been advertised as a 30" cylinder long arm but again I'm no expert. I also think I answered my own question; for some reason of all the research I've done, it was tonight that I came across this company:

https://www.maxantindustries.com/delker/index.html

Anyone familiar with them?

I'm also confused on the table set-up. It seems to me that it defeats the purpose of modifying a unit to this extent when you just turn around and mount it on a non-cylinder specific table. Any thoughts on this?

Someone may have had a need for a longer throat and just modified a machine they had on hand rather than starting from scratch.

Weaver leather had 205-370 stretched before they got the 969-100 machines.    They had about of them done if I remember.  Keestar is making the 205 Clone is three lengths for Weaver- 12", 16", and 25".

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher