Sign in to follow this  
alpheus94

Introduction

HI! I'm Ryan born and raised in Texas but now I live in tulsa oklahoma. Just started back in September of 07. I have been wanting to make guitar straps and wristbands for awhile, but never made the leap. There is a tandy store here in tulsa that my father-in-law discovered so I stopped in and asked some questions and bought some supplies. After seeing several different places on the net about making guitar straps, and seeing the prices of some custom made stuff(400.00?)(wow). I figured i would try my hand at it. I have had a blast so far and even sold a strap i've made! I work with a guy who was quite the leathercrafter 30 years ago when he was in his twenties and he has given me a few tidbits of advice, but I REALLY enjoy the people on this forum and hope to glean some knowledge wherever I can! I am just starting on the carving and tooling side of things and am very inspired by what you guys can do! Pics coming soon.

Edited by alpheus94

Welcome to the forum! the best place on the net for your leather fix.....

Welcome Ryan! Feel free to play, experiment, and brainstorm! We'll have fun helping...

Kate

welcome Ryan to the forum, lookforward to see them pics,Don

Welcome Ryan. I am a newbie too. Hope you enjoy reading and seeing all the great things these people make as much as I do. They are great here. Full of knowledge.

Welcome Ryan. Glad to have you here!

Hey Ryan, I'm new to the site as well.Welcome-funny how we are all finding this site now-well maybe it all seems so new.Nice you took the initiative to just start up cold. I need to try my hand at tooling as well. Only have really done work in soft leather all these years.Drop some pics here when you get time.

Welcome to the great madness my brotha. This is a great place with many, many helpful people. I've learned so much from this site. The knowledge base is just unlimited. It feels like i've only been here about 6 monthes but it's been a year and 3 months. Time flies when your having fun. I was lucky to of found this place just a few months after i started doing leather work. It's help to keep the flame alive.

freak

Member No.: 158

Welcome, Ryan!

Welcome to the forum Ryan. You'll find that evryone here is very friendly, and always willing to help out. Enjoy.

Ken