Hello all,

just thought I's share a couple projects that I finished up last night.

The phone cases are all for Razr's made from 4oz cow, lined with 1 oz pig skin split, and laced with hand dyed and hand cut kangaroo lace.

The belt is not heavily tooled. I was playing around with the tooling on this one. Tried some inverted carving and instrade of raising the lettering, I decided to depress them using a backgrounding tool. Something different.

The ring is actually a pattern I made a mold from to cast out of gold for my friend's wedding bands. I used the newer celtic border stamps from tandy for the pattern. I had this nice leather ring after all was said and done, so I figure, what the heck. Why not a leather ring. So I washed it with a light shade of green spirit dye. Boiled it, let it cool, boiled it again and added some parafin. Seems to have worked well. Now lets see it they sell.

razr_cases1.jpg

archer_diva2.jpg

Celtic_Leather.jpg

post-50-1179333851_thumb.jpg

post-50-1179333873_thumb.jpg

post-50-1179333893_thumb.jpg

Thanks. I skived the edges down to make a nice matching taper on each side. and used super glue gel to bond it.

all looks good to me!

one of these days i need to take the time to make myself a belt:)

all looks good to me!

one of these days i need to take the time to make myself a belt:)

You and me both. It's sad isn't it. Like the shoe maker's son who has no shoes. LOL

The only stuff I've made so far that I've kept are my design prototypes. One-a these days, though...

Nice pieces, Shawn!

Kate

All really nice work. Thanks for sharing the pic's. Were you trying to get the parafin "into" the leather or as a finish coating?

Regis

Thanks all.

I used the parafin as a stiffener rather than a finish. So I let it soak into the pores of the leather while it was melted.

Nice ideas and work Major,

@ Beeza do all us leather makers have the same problem i never seem to get around to making myself a belt.