This just came from the workbench.

I swapped this belt purse with another member here on LW, I got tis fabolous slicking tool:-)

This purse was inspired from my homeland and the "neighborhood" I grew up (Uppland-Sweden) I think this is the area where the number of rune stones from the Viking era are most common. The typical rune stone has these snakes/dragons wraped all around and they all tell a story...And so does this purse,the text is also by the rune alphabet (Futhark) and carries a message for the new owner.

I painted the dragons and the text with leather acryllic paints and then had some hi-lite (Fiebings) ontop to get into groves and such. I tried to get as true to the colors as possible that was used by the vikings.

P1020707.jpg

post-5624-1232475230_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tina

Amazing work. I love all the smaller black lettering on the red. And the white outline really makes it pop.

Amazing work. I love all the smaller black lettering on the red. And the white outline really makes it pop.

Looking at the photo I probably should have made the letters in white...My only defence is that IRL they look much better:-)

That is awesome "Bigsis"!!! Theese are my favourite type of dragons.

As usual carried out with style and it's got Tina written all over it. You sure have developed your own unique style.

Lillebror

Very nice and impressive! They made out like a bandit!

Casey

Beautiful!

That is awesome "Bigsis"!!! Theese are my favourite type of dragons.As usual carried out with style and it's got Tina written all over it. You sure have developed your own unique style. Lillebror

Thanks Bro...Det värmer i hjärtat:-)The design and color came out a wee bit on a fluke. Ipainted the pattern and then I tried to get some leather from my shelfs to the sides...Boy was I happy to find the pattent leather piece in just the right color:-)

Casey Jordan,TrooperChuck and NomadThanks guys, I so apriciate your comments:-)

Edited by Tina

Thanks Bro...Det värmer i hjärtat:-)The design and color came out a wee bit on a fluke. Ipainted the pattern and then I tried to get some leather from my shelfs to the sides...Boy was I happy to find the pattent leather piece in just the right color:-)

Casey Jordan,TrooperChuck and NomadThanks guys, I so apriciate your comments:-)

Another gourgeous piece, beautiful stuff!

Wow that's amazing, such detail.

Another beautiful piece, Tina! I can appreciate the thought that went into the design. Bravo! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Crystal

Very nice! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Pip, RustyMelton, Crystal & Greybeard

I'm so happy you like it...I just hope the reciever likes it as much. I'm hoping to have 2 more things done by the end of the week (if I can get that mexican braiding done...I really don't have patience with it)

Have a super evening all//Tina

VERY NICE WORK !

Classy lookin.

What tool did you use for the little pebble effect ??

VERY NICE WORK !

Classy lookin.

What tool did you use for the little pebble effect ??

I used the pepple tool from Hidecrafter.

Your work is always Topnotch Tina!!

You inspire us all!

This just came from the workbench.

I swapped this belt purse with another member here on LW, I got tis fabolous slicking tool:-)

This purse was inspired from my homeland and the "neighborhood" I grew up (Uppland-Sweden) I think this is the area where the number of rune stones from the Viking era are most common. The typical rune stone has these snakes/dragons wraped all around and they all tell a story...And so does this purse,the text is also by the rune alphabet (Futhark) and carries a message for the new owner.

I painted the dragons and the text with leather acryllic paints and then had some hi-lite (Fiebings) ontop to get into groves and such. I tried to get as true to the colors as possible that was used by the vikings.

Skitsnyggt, Tina ! Gorgeous !

Tina,

Beautiful combination of colors. I like the entire project. Wonderfully executed.

Dave Theobald

Such good craftsmanship, and art, and history, all in one piece. It'd be an awesome addition to any garb. Are the runes inside the dragon? Dag

calanneh...That's a very nice comment, I'll try keeping it up:-)

oldtimer...Thank you so much I so apriciate your comment:-)

David...Thank you David, your comment means a lot to me:-)

Daggrim...Yes, I did do as the vikings, I put a message there for the next one to read. I thought it was a cute idea that worked well with the idea:-)

I have to ask...Your name Dag, to me that familiar, do you have some Scandinavian background?

I used the pepple tool from Hidecrafter.

I bought a set of those too, I like them.

Tina, what did you use for your colors? The white looks very clean, is it acrylic? The person who received that is lucky indeed.

Tina, what did you use for your colors? The white looks very clean, is it acrylic? The person who received that is lucky indeed.

Hi Tim,

On this belt purse I used Angelus acryllic leather paint (white and mix red/brown) and then I sealed it. After that I used Fiebing's Hi-Lite (Hi-Light ???) like a non colored antiquing, just the black that ends up in the groves :-)

Wow, you folks make me feel sooo far behind the curve,Just great work!

Wow, you folks make me feel sooo far behind the curve,Just great work!

great Thanks,

I soo appriciate your nice comment about my work:-)