wildrose

Pictures of your "Pay it Forwards"

Kate

I'm glad you like it. I'm also glad it fit!! I had fun doing this and look forward to the next one.

As a side note I thought I had tied that center knot wrong. So I redid it a couple of times and it would never come out right so I thought. So I went to reading a Gail Hought book and come to find out I had been doing it right the whole time. For some reason when that knot is done it looks like a person has missed passes in the center. It just goes to show ya learn something every day!

Mike

kate you did well..

mike you did very well........ :thumbsup:

Luke

Thank You for the kind comments.

Mike

Darn! I found out about this just a little too late, but you can bet I'll be watching for the next time you guys do this! I think it's a totally awesome idea and I'd love to get in on the next one.

Here's what arrived in my mailbox today from rawhide1 (aka Mike), this very nicely braided bracelet:

BraidedBracelet01_600.jpg

BraidedBracelet02_600.jpg

BraidedBracelet03_600.jpg

I hope the pictures do justice to it. I took a photo with it on my wrist (yes, Mike, it fits perfectly!) just to give you an idea how tight the braid is. Also note the clever enclosure using those tiny little turk's head knots. Thanks very much, Mike. I love the style and the workmanship. This is one bracelet that is going to get worn! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Kate

Ooooooh! I'm GREEN with envy. That's gorgeous!

Edited by Hilly

Hey gang ,I just got home and a package was here from Jim Boots ..The coolest set of cell phone holsters i've ever seen! I mean real miniture holsters to hold cell phones!! What agreat idea.I am going to send them to my Grand Daugters aged !5.5 & 13 yrs.I bet there will not be any like them anywhere around Camp Lajune NC.Their Dad's deployed in Afganastan ,teaching field wound care to the friendlies.I try to give them a little extra care during these deployements.Thanks Jim these are Just great! I took pictures of them But am still trying to figure out how to post them!I am such alooser when it comes to these things.Thanks again everyone.My PIF is almost completed so hang on Joe it's comin!

Hello All - I just received my P.I.F. in the mail to day from Luke Hattley. It is a nice pigskin money folder. The folder is personalized with my initials. Luke made it from natural pigskin, and used Tandy's dark brown "all in one" and supersheen to finish. You can be sure I will be using it to tuck away some "Mad Money" to spend on Leather tools!

Thanks again Luke!! - Deb

Picture1.jpg

Picture2.jpg

Picture3.jpg

post-5832-1233788962_thumb.jpg

post-5832-1233789001_thumb.jpg

post-5832-1233789021_thumb.jpg

DEB... THANK YOU USE IT WELL AND SAVE UP A LOT OF MAD $$$$.

I got my PIF from wildrose (Holly) and her son Ethan today. All I can say is WOW!!! As you can see below it's a cool box with my shifts mascot tooled on it. I plan on taking it to work and showing off. As I read alot at work I plan on useing Ethans cool gift as a book mark. It's even red my favorite color! My picture taking ability does not do justice to these. Holly Thank You and Ethan so much for the great gifts. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

IMG_1353.JPGIMG_1356.JPG

Mike

post-4953-1233860945_thumb.jpg

post-4953-1233861093_thumb.jpg

Red is Ethan's favorite color too...he wanted me to do the box in red, but I thought the saddle tan would be better as it's an antique. He was quite upset with me about that, but helped me stain it anyway...LOL!

I'm really glad you like them. The bee was harder than I thought it would be, but I was pleased with how everything came out.

Holly very nice great work but it's no fair he got two great leatherwokers to work on his lucky guy.

Josh

Hey gang ,I just got home and a package was here from Jim Boots ..The coolest set of cell phone holsters i've ever seen! I mean real miniture holsters to hold cell phones!! What agreat idea.I am going to send them to my Grand Daugters aged !5.5 & 13 yrs.I bet there will not be any like them anywhere around Camp Lajune NC.Their Dad's deployed in Afganastan ,teaching field wound care to the friendlies.I try to give them a little extra care during these deployements.Thanks Jim these are Just great! I took pictures of them But am still trying to figure out how to post them!I am such alooser when it comes to these things.Thanks again everyone.My PIF is almost completed so hang on Joe it's comin!

Thanks Robert. After looking at everyone else's work I kind of felt alittle wimpy. But that's why I joined this forum, so I can learn and broaden my horizens with Real Leather Eagles like you and many others. Hope your girls enjoy them and give them a "God Bless" from me to their father for his service to a Great Country!

Jim Boots

Thanks Jim ,Carlton is duing what he loves the best, It means so much that Most folks beleave in what troops are doing...But as he is fighting to give the Afgan people a chance,I am so afraid that we are loosing Our Demacratic Republic here in washington.Have you been monitoring this mess they are calling astimulis package? What a bunch of Pork,these people are nuts!

I totally agree. If I don't miss my guess, alot of people are waking up from their rum dumb sleep and hearing the wake up call. But one thing is for sure, OUR TROOPS ROCK!

Jim

Thanks :P Ethan insisted on helping when he saw the station logo had a train on it. I told him I'd do the shift logo if he wanted to do the train stamp...

Holly very nice great work but it's no fair he got two great leatherwokers to work on his lucky guy.

Josh

greybeard made me a man billfold,very nice,twas his first.i never did anything good on my 1st attempt i'm envious of youf ability ol chap. adios pete

DSCF3437s.JPG

DSCF3439s.JPG

post-7581-1234149051_thumb.jpg

post-7581-1234149170_thumb.jpg

LOOKS SHARP............ :thumbsup:

I received my PIF from rayban today...WOW....such great workmanship...handle made from RED BLOOD wood with Scandinavian blade, thanks so much

knife1.jpg

knife.jpg

post-4514-1234332564_thumb.jpg

post-4514-1234332582_thumb.jpg

So far these have all been great gifts to say the least and the one I got from twinoaks keeps up the great work. Thank you very much I really like it. Im gonna find a frame for it this weekend to get it under some glass and hang it up. This has been such a great idea and I think this is something that we should make sure we do every year.

My pics arent the best but here she is. Once again thanks for this.

Oh and wildrose yours will be in the mail on thursday at the latest. Getting the finishing touches done tomorrow morning.

resized_pif_gift.JPG

post-5781-1234335362_thumb.jpg

great work mike

Did you have some one In mind when you did the portait, is there a story in this one mike,

This has been wonderfull and Holly should get a big thank you for the starting of this and Mike for keeping it going.

Josh

Yeah for got to include the portrait is modelled on Davince's "Head of Girl" circa 1483

I can't claim credit for starting it...but I was happy to pick up the reins and keep it going. Mike has been a huge help on this one. I'm really glad he stepped up to take on this round.

I agree it is something we need to keep going regularly.

Hi, Received my pif gift from Leatheroo today A beautiful wristban !! nice braiding and yes it fits ! thank you Caroline very nice !! :You_Rock_Emoticon: sorry about the quality of pics. there from my phone .

pif_gift.JPG

pif_gift_1.JPG

post-1456-1234397144_thumb.jpg

post-1456-1234397277_thumb.jpg

Edited by leatherhead

If memory serves, I think it was Tina that started it and it just snowballed from there. As for my part in this one, I'm just trying to help out here any way I can. I was glad to do it, and am certainly willing to help in future PIFs.

Edited by TwinOaks