Johanna

Who are you rooting for in the SUPERBOWL?

Okay, the economy is in the toilet, and there is a foot of snow on the ground. It is a relief to have something worth cheering! The Steelers (Pittsburgh!) are playing the Cardinals (what town are they from this year, anyway?) on Sunday. If the Steelers win, it will be their 6th Superbowl victory, more than any other team in the NFL's 43 years. I will be waving a terrible towel and wearing black and gold! Gooooo PITTSBURGH!!!

I only watch it for the football if the Vikings are playing, otherwise it is only for the commercials.

I might not watch but hope the cardinals win.

Josh

Okay, the economy is in the toilet, and there is a foot of snow on the ground. It is a relief to have something worth cheering! The Steelers (Pittsburgh!) are playing the Cardinals (what town are they from this year, anyway?) on Sunday. If the Steelers win, it will be their 6th Superbowl victory, more than any other team in the NFL's 43 years. I will be waving a terrible towel and wearing black and gold! Gooooo PITTSBURGH!!!

I think you are talking about our PHOENIX CARDINALS!

They say it will be qabout 80% Steeler fans to 20% Cardinal fans at the game. So you know what that means - Only 20% of them will be happy at the end of the game! :thumbsup:

And the terrible towel also doubles as a CRYING TOWEL. :rofl:

Casey

The Dormont/Mt.Lebenon/Glenwood/Hazelwood Steelers will win the Superbowl. I don't know if those neighborhoods even exist anymore, so GOOOOOOO Pittsburgh.

Art

Since the Chiefs didn't make it this yr. LOL I be going for the Cardinals since they have never won one.

Mike

I never have figured out why they play football in January and hockey in June...

Good question Denise.

Here's a true story that relates and is worth the read.

KURTIS THE STOCK BOY

AND

BRENDA THE CHECKOUT GIRL

In a supermarket, Kurtis the stock boy, was busily working when a new voice

came over the loud speaker asking for a carry out at register 4. Kurtis was

almost finished, and wanted to get some fresh air, and decided to answer the

call. As he approached the check-out stand a distant smile caught his eye, the

new check-out girl was beautiful. She was an older woman (maybe 26, and he was

only 22) and he fell in love.

Later that day, after his shift was over, he waited by the punch clock to find

out her name. She came into the break room, smiled softly at him, took her card

and punched out, then left. He looked at her card, BRENDA. He walked out only

to see her start walking up the road. Next day, he waited outside as she left

the supermarket, and offered her a ride home. He looked harmless enough, and she

accepted. When he dropped her off, he asked if maybe he could see her again,

outside of work. She simply said it wasn't possible.

He pressed and she explained she had two children and she couldn't afford a

baby-sitter, so he offered to pay for the baby-sitter. Reluctantly she accepted

his offer for a date for the following Saturday. That Saturday night he arrived

at her door only to have her tell him that she was unable to go with him. The

baby-sitter had called and canceled. To which Kurtis simply said, "Well,

let's take the kids with us."

She tried to explain that taking the children was not an option, but again not

taking no for an answer, he pressed. Finally Brenda, brought him inside to meet

her children. She had an older daughter who was just as cute as a bug, Kurtis

thought, then Brenda brought out her son, in a wheelchair. He was born a

paraplegic with Down Syndrome.

Kurtis asked Brenda, "I still don't understand why the kids can't

come with us?" Brenda was amazed. Most men would run away from a woman

with two kids, especially if one had disabilities - just like her first husband

and father of her children had done. Kurtis was not ordinary - - - he had a

different mindset.

That evening Kurtis and Brenda loaded up the kids, went to dinner and the

movies. When her son needed anything Kurtis would take care of him. When he

needed to use the restroom, he picked him up out of his wheelchair, took him and

brought him back. The kids loved Kurtis. At the end of the evening, Brenda

knew this was the man she was going to marry and spend the rest of her life

with.

A year later, they were married and Kurtis adopted both of her children.

Since then they have added two more kids.

So what happened to Kurtis the stock boy and Brenda the check-out girl? Well,

Mr. & Mrs. Kurt Warner now live in Arizona , where he is currently employed

as the quarterback of the National Football League Arizona Cardinals and has his

Cardinals in the hunt for a possible appearance in the Super Bowl. Is this a

surprise ending or could you have guessed that he was not an ordinary person.

It should be noted that he also quarterbacked the Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI. He has also been the NLF's Most Valuable Player twice and the Super Bowl's Most Valuable Player.

Go Arizona Cardianals!

Casey

Hi Denise,

In the last 40 years of Superbowls, I can only think of maybe 2 or 3 times they have held it anywhere North of Georgia, gone are the days of Packers vs. Cowboys in -13 degree weather (that was in 1967); G-d help anyone who has a "wardrobe malfunction" in that kind of weather.

Art

I never have figured out why they play football in January and hockey in June...

You call yourself a fan ,yet you said "if" they win. A true fan

would have said "after" or "when". Of course not being a fan

of football I really could care less. However since my mother

is pulling for the Steelers , I for her sake hope they win, since

her Bengals did not get arrested enough this year to make

the playoffs.

WINDY.....LIKES FATMAN SPORTS ,FISHING AND POOL

I hate to go against Johanna, however, I have two favorite teams. The Bengals and whoever is playing the Steelers.

So I have to go with the Cards..... besides Kurt Warner is a class act.

Dave

My dad still has Wade on probation for being a Bengals fan. I tried to defend him with "Being a Bengals fan PROVES how loyal a man is!" C'mon, even people in Ohio call them "The Bungles". Kurt Warner sounds like a great guy, but he's got to deal with the Steel Curtain. Good luck, Kurt!

And Windy, I was trying to be polite with the "if". Ask the guys in Vegas who is going to win and what the point spread is.

Go STEELERS!

Johanna

(who always liked Jack Lambert)

Well since we'll be having a party and eating Chili, bacon & Cream cheese jalapeno stuffers,Hamburgers & hotdogs and plenty of beer, I think I'll pull for myself and pray I don't get sick.

Neither team interests me but it's a great excuse to cook up a lot of food and fill the feedbag with plenty of beer not to mention hang out with a lot of good friends.

Well, since once again the Eagles failed to show up for a big game, I gotta stay in the state, and say Steelers. Did you hear why Donovan McNabb lost his Campbell's Soup deal? Every time he gets near a bowl he chokes!!!

I was raised in Arizona, so it only goes to say that I'm for the Cardinals

I really thought the best match up would have been Steelers vs. Eagles. The Cards have fans outside of Arizona? Hmm.

Well, the Cards have surprised everyone this year, so maybe they have a chance. And everyone can swoon over the story of Kurt Warner. But I have to go with Big Ben and the Steelers. They haven't been as overwhelming this year as some past years, but they play every second of the game and somehow find a way to win. Really good teams - the kind that win year after year - are like that.

Did I see someone rooting for the Bengals?!? Talk about a team that can find a way to lose!! Before you get mad, remember that this is Houston Texans territory, and they will be comfortably watching the Superbowl at home. This year, next year,...... Very sad. I think the team motto is "Why? Why? Why?", cause that's what the fans are screaming each game.

I get to see a little bit of American football on our Channel 10 HD channel and are starting to understand it. It's the Cardinals that have the Australian Ben Graham in it isn't it I think he's the punter. Yeah I wouldn't of minded if the Eagles had gotten in quike like Sav Rocca apart from the fact he played for Collingwood.

Well - since I am far enough away from Johanna that I am fairly sure she can't hit me with a snowball, I will have to say that I will be rooting for the puppies on Animal Planet's "PuppyBowl". And the "Kittie Half-time Show" is always good. :) Seriously, I will be channel surfing from that to the Superbowl, have to check out all those cool commercials. My sister, however, will be calling me every 2 minutes with an update and repeatedly telling me that the Steelers will win and why. That's usually how I get my football updates. If my phone isn't ringing, I know the Steelers are not doing well. Everyone that I have talked to around here is disappointed that this is isn't a "Turnpike Bowl Game." And Jo- husbands usually have at least one flaw - I am married to a Cowboy's fan. ;)

Crystal

Edited by Crystal

And Windy, I was trying to be polite with the "if". Ask the guys in Vegas who is going to win and what the point spread is.

Go STEELERS!

Johanna

(who always liked Jack Lambert)

Johanna,

I should have known you were being nice. The problem

is , I am not a nice person so I do not see it when

others are being nice. I have been told I need to work

on being nicer.Alas if I was nice then them bricklayers

could not call me mean and nasty names anymore. I

have been getting better after reading all the nice things

people on here have to say.One might say it is rubbing

off on me.

WINDY .........NOT QUITE NICE BUT MAYBE SOMEDAY

Well i dont watch much football or even TV for that matter but my brother is a sports fanatic.. I'll be pulling for whoever he dont like=)

Jed

Superbowl? what's a superbowl?

Y'all fill me in when whateveritis is over, I got dead cows to beat. And when did Arizona get a football team?

I'm with Twinoaks on this. I've got a guild meeting and I'm not sure if it would be possible for me to care less who wins an ultra violent ground aquisition game that is nothing more than a crypto-fascist metaphor for nuclear war.

Don't you all have tooling projects you need to work on? Don't waste your lives watching someone else exercise. Either get out there and do it yourself or admit that you're nothing more than a lazy slug and take your slime trail into the shop & get pounding. My slime trail will have to take me to my guild meeting, otherwise I'd be pounding all day Sunday.

:blahblahblah::blahblahblah::blahblahblah:

Brent

No matter how I try, I just can't understand football. I tape the game for the commercials...

ummm Brent, I wasn't going that far with my comment......

And yes, the commercials are what it's all about.