Made these for a couple of iron workers my brother knows. They are 4"x7" by 9" deep. The guys are inspectors now so they just need to carry a bunch of note books and calulators and stuff in them.

Tom

IMG_0149.JPGIMG_0153.JPGIMG_0155.JPG

post-6291-1233676903_thumb.jpg

post-6291-1233676950_thumb.jpg

post-6291-1233676982_thumb.jpg

pretty cool tom!!...those are the types of things that will surely generate interest from other iron workers...

darryl

Heck yeah. Are those copper rivets? Nice.

Heck yeah. Are those copper rivets? Nice.

Thank you for the compliments guys and yes they are copper. # 9, didn't want a rust issue. I had made one before and thats how I got the request for these. The hard part for me was just making sure all the holes lined up after I formed it. Some were alittle off but nothing I couldnt work with. all and all a couple of fun projects.

Tom

They sure are cool. Love the skull theme, boy do skulls go off over your see of the globe. I wasn't to keen on skulls, but with guidance of this forum, I have given them a try. Now they are a requested part of my gear. I digress, sorry. Well done for your design and completion.

Those look awesome. Nice designs.

Allen

Good work Tom I've got afriend still doing that work ,I think I'll try one and send it to him,I keep tellin him he's gettintoo old for that highwire stuff...I can't repeat what he say's back.So I say" Wisdom generaly comes with age...But sometimes age arrives alone"!!

Good work Tom I've got afriend still doing that work ,I think I'll try one and send it to him,I keep tellin him he's gettintoo old for that highwire stuff...I can't repeat what he say's back.So I say" Wisdom generaly comes with age...But sometimes age arrives alone"!!

Thanks rhall

I think you'll find it is a fun project. Maybe a little frustrating when the hole dont line up but it all seems to work out in the end. Just have to stick the rivets in when you form it and while it's still wet. Then let it dry as you can see in the pic.

Tom

Those look awesome. Nice designs.

Allen

Thank you Allen. I got the idea for that design some where in here. But when i tried to find it again I couldn't. I just wanted to say thanks to all of the folks here at leatherworker for the lessons i have learned. So who ever you are that inspired that design, thank you.

Tom

Man, these are very nice! The skulls are wicked looking! You did a fantastic job and the rivets are the icing on the cake. I built an explorers case that I posted pics of, but yours are way nicer than mine. Yours look like they can take a beating. I am humbled and wish mine would have turned out half as nice as yours. If you don't mind my asking, do you have a pattern for these? I would really like to try my hand at making one. Seriously Tom, these are really cool. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Last Active Jun 12 2012 11:03 PM

You might want to send him an email.