rickeyfro

Windshield Bag

My first attempt at a round windshield bag, took alot longer than I thought, mainly just figuring things out along the way, but Im pretty happy with it

IMG_0913.JPG

IMG_0914.JPG

IMG_0916.JPG

post-5441-1235602455_thumb.jpg

post-5441-1235602470_thumb.jpg

post-5441-1235602482_thumb.jpg

That's a really nice bag! Round bags can be tricky, but that has turned out extremely well! Congrats!

Steve

nice bag. what color is that.

Fiebings medium brown with dark brown fade and then medium brown antique paste

Thanks Steve, tricky's not the word for it, made like three design changes mid stream because things didnt go like I thought they would from the original plan

Rickeyfro that looks awesome. Could you give the dimensions on it and also tell me what oz. you used? I love how it's round. Can you maybe post a pic of the inside? Thanks, TinyL

Pretty happy with it! I should hope so. It looks great! excellent

Art

Noice!!!!!! Like the detail in it!

That is RICH - awesome!

took alot longer than I thought,

Having taken a second look at it, I'll bet it did! How on earth did you manage to do the round braid in such tight confines??

Enquiring newbies wanna know! :)

Rick that looks great. I'll bet that the next one will go alot faster now that you got the first one out of the way. How long have you doing the braiding?

Thanks guys, Ive been doing that mexican round braid on most of the seats i build so Im pretty quick with it, it was kinda tight on this but i bent the needle and drilled the holes to give be a little more clearance and it worked out pretty good, originally was gonna hand stitch this but it was kinda thick to be stabbing an awl through.

Thanks guys, Ive been doing that mexican round braid on most of the seats i build so Im pretty quick with it, it was kinda tight on this but i bent the needle and drilled the holes to give be a little more clearance and it worked out pretty good, originally was gonna hand stitch this but it was kinda thick to be stabbing an awl through.

I love that braiding. Do you have a reference somewhere as to how to do that (book or web site)? The braiding book I have doesn't have it in it.

Thanks

Dan

I love that braiding. Do you have a reference somewhere as to how to do that (book or web site)? The braiding book I have doesn't have it in it.

Thanks

Dan

the $5 Tandy book "Lacing and Stitching for Leathercraft" has it and the illustrations are good - it's what I used to learn it - not a tuff braid at all once you've done it once or twice - certainly no where near as tuff as some of the braiding I see on here that's for sure!

Rob

the $5 Tandy book "Lacing and Stitching for Leathercraft" has it and the illustrations are good - it's what I used to learn it - not a tuff braid at all once you've done it once or twice - certainly no where near as tuff as some of the braiding I see on here that's for sure!

Rob

Thanks a lot. I'm going to order that. I've been using a book called Leather Braiding by Bruce Grant. It is pretty decent, and has lots of different braids in it, but I just didn't see this one.

Thanks again,

Dan

Thanks a lot. I'm going to order that. I've been using a book called Leather Braiding by Bruce Grant. It is pretty decent, and has lots of different braids in it, but I just didn't see this one.

Thanks again,

Dan

The same braid is on page 70 of Grant's book (got that one too ;0) but the instruction is much more convoluted than in the tandy guide - I think Grant's book is prob'ly aimed at people with more braid savvy than I have ;0)

wowie wow wow! and the basket stamping is straight, the bane of my existance, lol!

Seb