leatheroo

mask/crown thingy/wall hanging???

i have been totally uninspired as of late...i think it is the anticipation of the Dimensions in Leather conference later in the year...i cant wait to learn some new skills and be able to make something new and different to my usually stuff. Anyway i forced myself to get busy this afternoon and here is my effort..first photo is before painting and the others are obviously after...i am no photographer...one is taken inside and the other outside...the outside one shows the true colors better.

Nearly forgot....some name suggestions would be most helpful...cheers

large_crown_before_paint.jpg

crown.jpg

crown_inside.jpg

post-4514-1235800557_thumb.jpg

post-4514-1235800573_thumb.jpg

post-4514-1235800591_thumb.jpg

Wow, your mask is awesome. 'Fraid i'm rubbish at names so no help there. Have you thought about geating a photographer and models to take some some pictures of your masks?

cool mask

It loolks "Marti Gras" to me (with the colors and all)

How about something that goes with that theme?

Love the mask and your choice of colors!

I see "Queen of Spades" because it reminds me of the queen in a deck of cards, and because the little thingies have spade-like shapes on the ends.

Hilly

Hi Caroline,

It's always fun to see your new projects. First thing I saw was the heart shaped cut out for the face ( I really like the picture of it on the face form) My wife said it looked like butterfly wings to her. So I was thinking something like "the heart of a butterfly". But Hilly's name fits really well too. I can't wait to see what kinds of things you come up with after your week of classes at Dimensions in Leather!

Absolutely beautiful!

Art

I think it looks a little like queen Amidala's headdress from Episode 1.

327ttalking-queen-amidala-posters.jpg

Very impressive mask. Do love the colours. As for a name I can only think of one right now and that is " Mystical Camilian" Think I spelt that wrong. Spell check not working. Hope you know what I mean.

Kiwi :coffeecomp:

Roo, you've done it again! Beautiful! I'm blown away every time you post these beautiful masks!

Bob

Call her Athena. Her expression evokes a virginal yet knowing quality. She looks like she's wearing a warrior's headdress to me and just reminds me of the goddess. She's beautiful by the way.

TinyL

Looks like a High Priestesses headdress to me :) beautiful! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

thanks for all the suggestions...i really like Athena...i will go with that one!!!

Isn't it funny how everytime we say we've been uninspired and then we do something it's like totally off the hook!!!! (really good) Who would have though that we just needed a break....

That said, I LOVE THIS CAROLINE!!!!! I love me some Amidala but this alone is beautiful.

Heeey Roo!!!

Your masks are always stunning and ou sure have your own signature to them.

Crazy colours but amazing and good looking!!

Tom