The bag is awesome and I like the stamp too. Is the "skinjob" moniker an allusion to Battlestar Galactica?

Yes, but they got it from Blade Runner... an homage to another great Sci-Fi offering.

-Andy

(Sorry Karl, I beat you to the answer! HAHA!)

Thanks very much again you guys, all good thoughts for Megan much appreciated.

Andy,

Yep, it does look good in place on a finished item doesn't it? (like a big boy made it!) I really like it. Great job my friend........

Patrick,

Thanks for your kindness and support.

No, I didn't thin the leather around the windows as the Whipsnake's quite thin. There's no 'step' though.

Cheers,

Karl

Karl,

Very nice bag and glad to see you are using your Pearson to good use, even if you aren't putting any thread into it. Maybe it is my age but you sure seem to get things done quickly and effectively; first the Pearson in short order and now the bag in 4 + hours. I wish I could achieve such production in my projects.

Cheers,

Henry Veenhoven

Toronto, Canada

Hi Henry,

Thank you.

I do put thread in too :) , just that I prefer to hand stitch where possible, when I have the time, as I can feel the tension in each stitch.

The first Pearson wasn't hard to get back to running order, there was little wrong with it. A bloody good cleaning sorted some of it out. I did take it apart though, that was an adventure :head_hurts_kr:

I had some tension issues which Peter Main helped me sort out.

I still have another machine which hasn't been touched yet. Been waiting for the good weather so I can get outside with it.

Handstitching is pretty fast if the holes are pre-punched. Perhaps the speed thing is an illusion?

Cheers,

Karl

It does totally look like a bag made by a sheath maker! I think that is a compliment. It will last forever and she can use it as a weapon if needed.

I really like it. You did good son!

TF

Thanks,

It's fairly robust for sure, about 6mm thick, total weight.

I did tell her when I gave it to her that, if attacked, she could probbaly bludgeon someone to death with it :lol:

Cheers,

Karl

This is a bag I just finished for my Wife's Aunt Megan.

It's her Birthday, but we're really celebrating the 'all clear'. She may very well have beaten Thyroid cancer. We're delighted she's still here, and I thought I'd make something a little special.

The bag is about 8 inches wide and 6 high, chestnut dyed vegtan and some lovely whipsnake I got from our own Patrick Weill (thanks Patrick!).

It was a bugger to make, and still looks to me like a handbag made by a holster maker :rolleyes2:

But I'm pretty happy with it, all in all.

Cheers,

Karl

DSC_0404small.jpg

DSC_0406small.jpg

DSC_0408small.jpg

It might have been a bugger to make, but the result from what I see were worth it.

Not letting my daudhter see this one, she is a little purse drazy lately.

Congrats for your ant, that purse will surely give her an extra boost.

Nice work.