Jordan

Tipping point finally reached

Well it finally arrived, the money tree has died and we can't continue to rob peter to pay paul. The for sale sign goes up tomorrow. According to our agent we have a pretty good chance of selling. And the grand adventure to return to California then on to Arizona when the finances allow it begins. I have no idea where we got all this junk from! After 14 years of pakratting I am finding stuff while boxing things up that I didn't even know we had. How many shoes does a person really need. I seem to have aquired enough books to open a dang library! I have not even gotten to the storage room in the basement, oh boy thats going to be fun. Hope deseret industries thrift store is ready for the deluge. We, while in dire straights, are trying to keep a good outlook by convincing ourselves it is another grand adventure! Except for the nagging financial issues that is what it is. Here's to hoping for a quick sale and a minimal amount of stress. :cheers:

Best wishes to you Jordan!

Good luck, Jordan. You'll get much more use outta those great sandals in California!

Just don't forget where your friends are.

Ray

Best of luck.....

Dennis

best of luck to you, my fingers are crossed for a fast sale for you....ahhhh new adventures! nothing better to get the juices flowing :cheers:

Good Luck...........

Jordan they always say "Grass is greener on the other side",

lets hope it holds true for you.

Good Luck!! I hope everything goes smoothly and easily for you.

Jordan, have you been picking my brain or what??

The only difference from what I am doing now is that I need to empty and sell me other house to solve my finances but the rest is spot on (ok, I've only got rubbish from twelve years back). To accomodate stuff from the other house I am cleaning out old rubbish. Tons of shoes, how may darn books can a person collect without ever reading them??

I'm hoping to get to the storage room before the summer...sigh!!!

I'm turning minimalistic now!!!! Think I'm gonna check with my ISP if I can get a cheap internet connection with access only to LW, e-mail and my homepage;-)

Keep it up Jordan, I'm on it until I have only things I REALLY need and also hope for a quick sell for both of us!!!

Tom

Good luck Jordan!!

Mike

Good luck to you Jordan.

Things somehow will work out for the best.

vince

:rofl: The more I put in boxes the louder George Carlins voice gets about having way to much STUFF!. Australia according to the travel shows has way too many animals that would make it their mission to kill me. :rip_1: Kinda like the mosquitoes around here!

Every time I've moved I've gotten rid of TONS of stuff. But, when I move again a few years later, I've accumulated several more tons. Is there a Junk Fairy that brings this stuff home at night???

I totally understand the book-thing. My wife is addicted to books. We have books on shelves, books in boxes, books in closets, books in the basement, books in drawers, books in cupboards, books in the pantry, books everywhere! She even has books about OTHER BOOKS! And that's AFTER we sold a bunch of them when we moved from Alaska to Washington.

Remember the song, "Prop Me Up Beside The Jukebox When I Die"? My wife would change that to "Put Me Anywhere In Barnes and Noble's When I Die!"

Good luck on your new adventure, Jordan. We'll send some prayers your way.

God's speed, Jordan. Keep a positive attitude and keep your leather tools handy. They are a great stress reliever. (And don't forget where we are!!!)

All the very best, Jordan.

I echo Ray's sentiments. Let us know if we can help.

Cheers,

Karl

Hey Jordan,

I've read a lot of your posts and you strike me as a real nice guy - witty too! I sure hope your "adventure" turns out to be a great one! I'm sure your obvious sense of humor will help during any rough times. Just remember, there are a lot of folks in your situation and worse these days. I have to agree that we as a nation are waaay to materialistic. The way I try to look at is the more things you have the more time and work is involved maintaining them or getting rid of them. Wishing all the best to you and yours.

Happy Trails,

Richard

Best of luck Jordan! Hold your head up high!

Ryan

Thanks all for the positive comments. For sure things were alot worse on the financial and health fronts 6 months ago, we were in a real deep hole with no apparent way home. The situation around here has eased somewhat for which I give all credit to God. By his grace and our faith the wife and I will do our best to turn rotten apples into sweet cider. I am sure that I will be signing into the forum on a fairly regular basis until things start moving. And restart the leather work once settled in So Cal. Thank goodness for family and Thanks again for all the wonderful support.

Since you're coming to So Cal, where you planning on going?

Can't beat the weather here, ya know? B)

My mom has offered her cabin in Idyllwilde (sp) inbetween the Hemet and Palm Springs/Banning area until we get on our feet again. Then if everything works right, we will be getting a few acres and build a house in the Sonoita/Elgin area southeast of Tucson.. Already working on the balsa model and blueprints, it is based on a Katrina Cottage plan offered by Lowes Hardware. And it looks like I will end up doing most of the labor to save money.

P1010001.JPG

7.jpg

post-4868-1238788130_thumb.jpg

post-4868-1238788145_thumb.jpg

Hey - that's a nice house! I do hope it works out for you - best of luck to you!

Thanks. Got to set some goals and incorporate some dreams while I'm at it. Figure I got a good 25 years left and might as well live where it's warm, grow some grapes and rescue some puppies.

Jordan,

I've been to Idlywild many, many times. My father-in-law lives in Hemet and Palm Springs is a place my wife and I go when we want a quick get-away.

Cool model of house you're building!

What a great plan . . . hope it works out! I trust the cottage will have an adequate workshop built-in! :thumbsup: