Sign in to follow this  
MarkB

Spur Straps

These are a pair I made for friend, Robert, that Ranches north of me 45 miles. His farther-in-law had came up with this pattern but was not work leather any more. I like the way these turned out and so did Robert. Just like to share them with all of you and if there is some thing that would look better let me know.

001.JPG

I also used the same pattern on a purse for his wife.

Christmas_2008_029.JPG

Thanks

Mark

post-9505-1239084505_thumb.jpg

post-9505-1239084742_thumb.jpg

Thats Real nice work Mark, I really like that purse, very unique. I have a complaint though, and its not directed at you....no one ever shows the backside or the insides of their work. Everyone has different approaches to the spur straps for example, and is the purse lined? I would like to see more more more. Thanks for sharing those.

That's Real nice work Mark, I really like that purse, very unique. I have a complaint though, and its not directed at you....no one ever shows the backside or the insides of their work. Everyone has different approaches to the spur straps for example, and is the purse lined? I would like to see more more more. Thanks for sharing those.

Dually

Those spur straps I did not take any pictures of the back I'm going to start taking picture of the back of the newer stuff I make and will post. As for the purse I have some more pictures and here they are.

Here is the back.

Christmas_2008_025.JPG

Here is the bottom.

Christmas_2008_026.JPG

Here is the the close up of the top before I put the final pieces on.

Christmas_2008_027.JPG

I will post the last Picture in the next post.

Mark

post-9505-1239115544_thumb.jpg

post-9505-1239115644_thumb.jpg

post-9505-1239115770_thumb.jpg

Here is the last picture of the purse.

Christmas_2008_028.JPG

I did not line it because the lady did not want it lined. The lining that was in the old one fell a part and she felt it was not needed. I might try and line the next one.

I hope that this will help.

Mark

post-9505-1239116111_thumb.jpg

Nice job on both items,Like the spur straps and the block basket stamp.

Steve

Thanks Steve

I like the look but it takes a lot to keep from beveling in the wrong places.

Mark

Great work Mark very nice thanks for posting

Josh

Look real nice mark. is the loop on the spur straps a seperate piece or is it just wet formed. on the ones that ive built I never tried the forming process but I think I will start doing that it looks real good.

Look real nice mark. is the loop on the spur straps a seperate piece or is it just wet formed. on the ones that ive built I never tried the forming process but I think I will start doing that it looks real good.

TK

I use a separate piece of leather for the loop that the strap go thought. I think it looks nicer than the wet formed type. I have made the wet formed type but I line everyone and this way seems to work better.

I will try to post some pictures the next pair I make which should be very soon.

Mark

Mark, Thanks a bunch for the extra pics. Hope my earlier post didn't seem to harsh. We just like to see behind the curtain some times. Nice work.

Nice work again Mark! i like your stuff.

Jed