Crystal

Swan Tutorial Attempt

You go, Girl!! That is absolutely beautiful!

Kathy

Congratulations Crystal!!!

You did an :jawdropper: job with the swan!! I like swans, in viking mythology they represent the earthly figure of the valkyrie maidens.

You nailed the caving and feathers very well, the colouring is also very beautiful and well done!!!

I love it!!

Tom

Thanks Josh, Bob, boB, Kathy and Tom! I really appreciate all the kind feedback!

I was thinking earlier today that April '08 was around the time I did my first carving and posted it on here. I went back and looked - and I got this one finished a few days later than that original post. What a change in a year! I have to thank everyone here for 99% of everything I know - I'd have never had done it without all of you!

Crystal

WOW - and you stayed inside the lines and everything >grin<

ducking and running

pretty pretty pretty

nice work. I love the filigree work of this motive.

greetings from germany

Outstanding work, Crystal. I liked the undyed version so much I was worried when you said you were going to color it but you really pulled it off. Respect!

Ray

WOW - and you stayed inside the lines and everything >grin<

ducking and running

pretty pretty pretty

Oops, Suze - I missed your reply! So sorry! (Or maybe I was just giving you ample time for ducking and running?) :P

Crystal

nice work. I love the filigree work of this motive.

greetings from germany

Thank you for the compliment, Wolle!

Crystal

Outstanding work, Crystal. I liked the undyed version so much I was worried when you said you were going to color it but you really pulled it off. Respect!

Ray

Thanks, Ray! I was afraid to color it - painting isn't something that comes naturally, but Clay's carving lesson went so smooth, I just trusted that his color lesson would work for me, too.

Crystal

Last week I got a package in the mail from Crystal. In it was this swan carving and I have to tell you that the pictures of it dont do it justice. It's really hard to believe Crystal has only been at this for a little over a year. But then, Crystal also told me she was going to give this to a friend of her's for her birthday, so maybe she's not telling the truth about how long she's been carving either (just kidding). The carving and coloring and everything else about this picture are REALLY well done!!! Thanks Crystal for sending this to me. Stacy loves this peice too and it's going to have a special place in our house. We're running out of those special places to hang things lately, but sure is fun!!!