Different layouts have different considerations, Ray. Your site looks great, but having a left side menu lends itself very well to inserting ads below the menu without affecting the layout of the main content.

In our case, we have no such structure to make a "natural" open space down the page for advertising on the left. We certainly can put ads along either side, and still haven't ruled that out (or any other change, for that matter). But our original thought was to have site content be the first thing you see on the left. If anything gets pushed off the page in browsers operating at very low resolutions, it should be the ads, not the site content.

Kate

Whatever it take, Kate - just let me know if you need any help.

Ray

Kate, Johanna,

Looks GREAT to me. Ads on top and right side do not interfere with focusing on content. Still, I've gone to 2 of the advertisers to recently order. Internet has improved and paper magazines have (for 10+ years) been adding more and more and more ads to pay the bills. It's gotten to the point that it is hard to find articles in between ads in magazines.

my 2c & I appreciate site just like it is.

Regis

Am I the only one having a speed problem? It takes forever to get from one page to the next and some topics I can not get up within the time it takes me to get tired waiting (and I do get LW waaaay more time than any other site *S*)

Go LeatherLady, your doing fine:-)

Thanks for the feedback, Tina. Is this something you notice all the time, or just at certain times? Also, when you notice it, have you visited other sites in the same time-frame for comparison?

Whatever it take, Kate - just let me know if you need any help.

Thanks, Ray, I appreciate that!

Kate

Thanks for the feedback, Tina. Is this something you notice all the time, or just at certain times? Also, when you notice it, have you visited other sites in the same time-frame for comparison?

Kate

Hi Kate,

I have tried other sites at the same time in different windows or just before/after and it's just this one...I notised it came yesterday (or the day before that?) when the ads on the side showed up. It's to the point now when I take up topics in other windows and wait looking at oter stuff until it "clears" and I have a medium fast Internet connection.

I hope this helps or I guess I have a super sensetive computer :-)

Dear Johanna and Kate

I for one just want to say Thank You for such a wonderful website. It gives us access to a wealth of knowledge and experience to share and learn from. I don't think we should lose sight of the main purpose of the forum. If this is the way the website looked when I signed up I would still have been just as happy. It takes money to keep thing rolling and advertising is the best way to do that. I also like being able to go to an advertisers website direct from here. I hope that more paying advertisers come on board. I personaly think things look fine and I'm just thankful for all the hard work and effort you put into it for us to use (For free might I add).

Just my 2 cents worth,

Richard

Richard, thank you very much. We appreciate the words of encouragement and support. We have plans to expand this site, and bring more features of interest to leatherworkers, but we need the money to do it. We are lucky to have a dedicated and loyal membership who are generous with their time and expertise, and I am sick of asking them for money. Kate and I will figure out the glitches with the adserver and fix them. We're testing now, with the help of our friends.

Please click on the ads, and tell the advertisers that you saw their ad here if you call and place an order, or have a question. Please call or email your favorite suppliers and tell them they should advertise here. We have their target market, and we have numbers that can knock their socks off. Tell the suppliers that you look at the magazines once or twice, but you're here every day. If they hear the message loud and clear from you folks, LW's future is assured.

Johanna

Richard, thank you very much. We appreciate the words of encouragement and support. We have plans to expand this site, and bring more features of interest to leatherworkers, but we need the money to do it. We are lucky to have a dedicated and loyal membership who are generous with their time and expertise, and I am sick of asking them for money. Kate and I will figure out the glitches with the adserver and fix them. We're testing now, with the help of our friends.

Please click on the ads, and tell the advertisers that you saw their ad here if you call and place an order, or have a question. Please call or email your favorite suppliers and tell them they should advertise here. We have their target market, and we have numbers that can knock their socks off. Tell the suppliers that you look at the magazines once or twice, but you're here every day. If they hear the message loud and clear from you folks, LW's future is assured.

Johanna

I also would like to say "THANK YOU" and give a plug to 'Dave' @ "Artisan", I bought a 'Toro' 3200, advertised in leatherworker from"Tim" (a real gentleman) and through my own incompetence needed assistance, Dave stepped right up and provided all the parts and help I could possibly ask for.... and at NO CHARGE, even though I was the one that "screwed up"

Gerry Richardson (Gerry101 - "Hagarsez")