Sign in to follow this  
Spider

Clutch Purse from Tandy Coin Bag

I scaled up a pattern in the last Tandy ad that was a coin bag I think and came up with this. It now measures like 10x4.5.

IMG00628-20090517-1655.jpg

IMG00629-20090517-1655.jpg

IMG00630-20090517-1656.jpg

IMG00631-20090517-1656.jpg

Spider,

:jawdropper::jawdropper::jawdropper: That is one outstanding purse! Love the color and the tooling. Very clean lines. Making it larger was a great idea. LOVE IT!!!!

PANTHER

Nice idea, Spider. It seems to be a bit short of skulls but flames are nice! LOL

I like it! It looks awesome!

I like it. Nice flames and love the color. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Bro, there it is!!! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Looking really really cool with that fierce red colour and the birdie in flames came out very well.

You deserve a cold one now and I don't because this day was more like :bike: my tooling plans crashed with stuff getting in between (as usual).

Tom

Great job on the color and design! You added a unique look.

Lil Rays

ever so spider'ish as usual...cool work using the seeders with the graphics...flamingly excellent!!

darryl :cheers:

Thanks everyone. This design came from her request for a Phoenix. She just didn't know what to get. So I did my thing and now she might even get it as a tattoo. Go figure huh? What flattery. I'm gonna deliver this on Friday when I go to Vegas. Sooo stoked.

Tom drink up anyway. I'll share my diet coke with you.

Dude - what the hell IS that tooling.

It is HOT.... No pun intended. I am not a fan of sheridan or flowers or deer jumping over logs...

That is cool man.

TF

Very cool Spider. You should do a tutorial on the dyeing you did there...

P.S. I love how the fire looks like it has burnt skin.

Edited by Sasquatch

Hey Spider,

I like it it is impressive. The colors look so "warm" and "softly".

Sorry for my english, I hope you know what I mean. Sometimes it is hard for me, to find the right words.

Would you be so kind, to tell me how it works with the coloring ?!?

I like the bubbles, did you cut and beveled them, or is there a tool for it (when yes, which one) ?!?

THX for an answer in advance.

Cheers,

Diana

Dude - what the hell IS that tooling.

It is HOT.... No pun intended. I am not a fan of sheridan or flowers or deer jumping over logs...

That is cool man.

TF

Yeah TF I'm not one for doing the traditional stuff as I have to put something in it to make it mine. Skulls, webs cut off limbs..... Something.

:deadsubject:

Very cool Spider. You should do a tutorial on the dyeing you did there...

P.S. I love how the fire looks like it has burnt skin.

Thank you Sasquatch,

I apply my color with a sponge brush and spray with water periodically to smooth it out. The fire was all brushed on. Yellow first then orange around the flames and then red as a touch up. I also put desert tan dye on the left over space in the flames behind the yellow.

Hey Spider,

I like it it is impressive. The colors look so "warm" and "softly".

Sorry for my english, I hope you know what I mean. Sometimes it is hard for me, to find the right words.

Would you be so kind, to tell me how it works with the coloring ?!?

I like the bubbles, did you cut and beveled them, or is there a tool for it (when yes, which one) ?!?

THX for an answer in advance.

Cheers,

Diana

Diana no problem. We all love having people from different places post their work here. It is a blessing we have. I used the Tandy Cova colors for the flames and cherry for the body of the purse. The bubbles were 3 different seeders from Craftool. I don't have the numbers now but can get them for you for sure. Just start with the largest one and then the medium one and then the smallest one to fill in the gaps. It's fun and random to do.

Be cool,

Spider

Diana no problem. We all love having people from different places post their work here. It is a blessing we have. I used the Tandy Cova colors for the flames and cherry for the body of the purse. The bubbles were 3 different seeders from Craftool. I don't have the numbers now but can get them for you for sure. Just start with the largest one and then the medium one and then the smallest one to fill in the gaps. It's fun and random to do.

Be cool,

Spider

Hey Spider,

I don´t have exactly the same colors, but similar from fiebing.

For my next project I will try this way of dyeing (red dragon). When you describe the way to dye it sounds so easy, but I know from experience it isn´t.

Please send me the no. of the tools. Post or PM it dosen´t matter.

Diana

Be cool,

Spider

Hey Spider,

I don´t have exactly the same colors, but similar from fiebing.

For my next project I will try this way of dyeing (red dragon). When you describe the way to dye it sounds so easy, but I know from experience it isn´t.

Please send me the no. of the tools. Post or PM it dosen´t matter.

Diana

Yeah Diana I'm sure you'll do great. The tools are S932, S632, S864